CrazyBoards.org

help! I screwed up and took the wrong dose for a month!

Oh my God!!!! My doctor and I discussed increasing my luvox for depression and ocd.  I was supposed to go from 1 and 1/2 pills to once a day to 1 and 1/2 pills TWICE A DAY. I have really been having trouble concentrating and understanding things so instead of the dose we agreed upon, I thought, "Right, so I double the last dose I was on...for some fucked up reason, I thought that meant taking 2 and 1/2 pills TWICE a day.  I didn't even question it....I really believed I was following the right directions. But I looked at my bottle when it came time that I was running out of pills and I thought, "Shit, they put 1 and 1/2 pills ONCE a day...either the doctor or the pharmacy screwed up (which they did, I was supposed to take that dose TWICE a day, so I would have run out early anyway but I majorly FUCKED UP.....it just always seemed like the right dose when it was in my hand...I feel like I'm going crazy!!! HOW COULD I HAVE MADE SUCH A STUPID MISTAKE????

Just call the doctor and explain the situation. Since you tolerated the higher dose, I don't think it is any big deal. Luvox is not a controlled substance so the doctor won't think anything bad about it. It happens. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Edited by jt07

I figured out how I screwed up...I was thinking in mg and I was taking 250mg and I thought he was doubling my dose but he was really just upping it to 300mg a day!! I just phoned again and asked that he PLEASE phone me on his lunch break (12-1p.m.) because I think I was taking the wrong dose for a medication and now I ran out of the medication....I am really nervous because I'm always worried that people don't take me seriously, esp. authority figures. I hope I can explain it because sometimes I have trouble thinking of the right words...actually it happens all the time for me. Even simple words. I really hope he gives me 2 more refills, like he was planning because it would really be out of the way and bring me down to have a doctor's visit RIGHT before Christmas. There are so many nervous triggers as it is having lost some family members and it being hard without them. I DO REALIZE IT WAS ME THAT SCREWED UP, but I hope I don't have to see him right at Christmas...

It's an honest mistake. The pharmacy should have explained it better.

I'm sure we've all done something like that at one point.

No worries. It didn't kill you. It's within the normal dosing range. Don't beat yourself up over it. Just explain it.

Hopefully you'll look back at it and laugh in a while!

Thank-you all for making me less nervous!!! The doctor just called and he will put me on the dose that we had ORIGINALLY planned-- 150mg in the morning and 150mg at night. He was really nice, he wasn't mad. I just had so many bad experiences with OTHER doctors and didn't want it to happen with him. I can't believe I was taking 500mg a day of luvox...I hope I won't feel really nauseas going down to 300mg a day. I hope it still helps with my ocd, the 500mg was helping but there were a few things that triggered it every once in a while. My twin that lives with me also noticed I was better for ocd. Hope to God 300mg helps with the ocd (mostly obsessions--and damn songs I sing over and over in my head, or think of something mean about someone that is really nice to me and feel like saying it even though it's not true). What's the highest any of you have been on luvox?