CrazyBoards.org

Thinking about how painful Psychosis really is

Psychosis is so painful.

The delusions and then not being able to share them once you realize it was a delusion, because it is just so far out and personal.

The paranoia, thinking people are out to get me, cars are following me, reading peoples thoughts and mind

Not being able to express emotions right...feeling like my brain is what I call jumbled up. Having odd affect at the wrong times.

Distorted speaking pattern, pausing mid sentence

Flat affect

Repeating words over and over as the voices tell me

The conversations in my head or "voices"

So glad the IP pdoc found a medication that so far works for my psychosis: Geodon.

I don't have a problem expressing emotions but I can relate to most everything else you said. I have not been diagnosed with psychosis officially, but I know I have it. There's a lot I haven't told anyone.

I was on Geodon for a quick minute when I was inpatient at the looney bin for a month. It made me feel static, which freaked me out. Feeling no emotions is scarier to me than feeling them at all. But I don't know how that would affect a person with psychosis...I'm glad it's helping you. Anti-psychotics scare me a lot. That's a whole lot of medication doing some really strong shit and taking control of our brains.

Anti-psychotics scare me a lot. That's a whole lot of medication doing some really strong shit and taking control of our brains.

Anti-psychotics really help me, and they don't control my brain.  They help me with hallucinations and to be in reality.  Without them I am in a world that has control of my brain because it isn't real (although I think it is at that time, when unmedicated, without APs).

Anti-psychotics don't control my brain. I take them, and I'm not even psychotic. They actually help my treatment-resistant depression -- more so than antidepressants.

And  they are not "stronger" than other medications. In fact, SSRIs flatten me emotionally far more than the antipsychotics that I have taken.