CrazyBoards.org

My thinking is very disorganised at the moment. My thoughts leap around all over the place and I'm often unable to finish them. Words and phrases repeat themselves, and sometimes everything goes blank. I also have this weird thing where I see pages of text in my head and I feel compelled to read it, but it's just nonsense, nonsense sentences, or nonsense words. I don't even know what to call that.

It's starting to get really frustrating because it makes it hard to get anything done.

Has anyone else had problems with this? Did you find anything that helped? I'm trying to get myself into more of a routine so things are a bit more structured, and I'm trying to sort my house out a bit so my environment is more ordered, but I'm struggling with that - I'm supposed to be getting some support with it, but it hasn't happened yet.

Yes, it starts unravel like that and it can go from idea salad to word salad

I still have some amount of "thought disorder"/disorganized thinking that will trip me up without

Zyprexa in addition to prolixin injections

Defo tell your psychiatrist as there might be options for you

Best wishes x

I get this as well. I can't talk right because my thoughts get jumbled up and words come out all mixed up and don't make sense. Ideas and thoughts get into a big jumbled mess. It's hard to express feelings/thoughts/stories to others because of this. I feel like I am incoherent to others.

I hope something can help straighten my head out. I feel so dumb. Blah!

I know how you feel. It takes soooo long to order words in sentences correctly before speaking when this happens. I end up talking so slow and pauses between sentences make me sound like an idiot or something. Coupled with the inability to reach the conclusion of the topic I'm talking about makes me not want to talk to people. It's too embarrassing.

Though what's weird is common phrases are easy to communicate. So sentences that I use all the time are easy to say, but when I have to create a sentence it all goes to s**t.

Luckily this isn't constant and seems to only get bad about 10% of the time.

I'm sorry it's happening to you, I am much better now but around april it was so bad all I knew to do was stay indoors because it was so embarassing. I just had words and jingles in my head and chopped up.ideas and impulses, I spent all day pacing the room and saying nonsense. My boyfriend hated talking to me, he said the longer I talked it sounded like I was falling down a hole. I would get so frustrated I just had to cry and scream because thoughts had physical velocity but they came out unraveled. Words even came out funny, I combined words and only knew it when I physically heard it come out of my mouth. Dont know if anyone has taken topamax.before but the.cognitive problems felt like that. I found my diary from that point in time and it's complete nonesense. Risperdal and then saphris peaced it all together, maybe it's time to visit pdoc?

I occasionally get thought disorganization. Word salad when it gets too bad. But I also have loosening of associations as well. Other times I just can't figure out what I am trying to say, so it comes out like "um, um um, blah." Most of the time I know what I am going to say, but at the psychologist asks "What has happened in the last week?" Its hard due to memory problems to try to remember EXACTLY what happened. 

That is one of the things that is first to go when I am not well. I can't understand what people are saying if it's something more than a word or two. Instructions and explanations do not compute and I need it repeated 2 or 3 times to get it. A med bump usually fixes it.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies anyone - I'm glad I'm not the only one! 

I've taken to writing notes for myself every morning - not a "To Do" list, they don't work for me, but random jottings about the various things in my head, and it seems to make it easier to focus on what I want to do, I feel like I'm being more productive than I was.

And I've decided I'm going to try taking on online EDx course next month and see if I can get my brain working a bit again and improve my concentration.