CrazyBoards.org

How to deal with depersonalization without medication.

Recently I've been under a tremendous amount of stress and my anxiety has been at an all time high. Yesterday, I started feeling as if I'm not really here. I'd be in one room and walk into another, but still feel as if I was in the first room. I'd sit up in my bed and feel odd as if I was actually dreaming when I wasn't. It was bizarre and resulted in me almost having a panic attack. After doing some Googling, I found the term is called 'derpsersonalization'. Knowing what depersonalization is and what it's caused by does give me some comfort, but it's still incredibly uncomfortable to feel this way and I want it to end or at least lessen. I don't see my psychiatrist for a few more days and I'm afraid I'll get completely worse until then, and I don't want that to happen. Do you have any good tips for me to deal with this until I can see my doctor and possibly get some medication? Thank you in advance.

I would leave a message with your doc and say your symtoms have gotten worse and ask if there is some way to see him/her asap.    I'm not an expert and I haven't had very many of these but taking a Benzo (Valium) brought me back to "myself"   Its a very weird experience and I was more then a little worried watching myself drive to work and then work for a few hours.   The depersonalized me seemed to do a pretty good job of driving and working.  Very perfectionist I would say.   Ok, now I'm rambling.

I have to admit this is totally new stuff to me.  My doc and I have talked about it but we didn't get beyond keep using the (as needed) Benzos if that works.   This is really rare for me.   Its way more often a typical Anxiety attack.  

• 1 month later...