CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
The one lurking behind you

Dr Who!

Haven't posted in a while, I hope your all well.

(I really hope there are some fellow whovians on here to share my fangirling)

So it was the 50th anniversary of Dr Who last saturday!!! Anyone else watch it? What were your thoughts?

Personally I loved it, especially the reference to previous episodes....

*Spoilers* (always wanted to say that)

Tom Backer's cameo was the cherry on top!

Still a little dubious about Moffat as a writer even though he created my favourite character (River Song) haha :D

Did you do anything special for the 50th? I ordered pizza :)

Anything planned or thoughts for the Christmas episode...1 month to go!!!

Or anything Dr Who related to share like cosplay conventions or childhood memories of the show.

Would be great to hear from like minded Dr Who fans on here...i really hope you exist.

Edited by The one lurking behind you

I have not watched Dr. Who even though I've surfed through it on TV. Can someone please explain the premise of the show to me? I gather that it is some kind of sci-fi show.

The Doctor is a Time Lord who can travel in time and space in his TARDIS, conveniently disguised as a blue police telephone call box from 1950s Britain. He has at least one companion. He repeatedly saves humans and Earth, as well as other species from destruction. Like McGyver, he doesn't kill people (or aliens) with guns.

My sweetie and I watched the 50th show together. I was sad Peter Davison wasn't in it.

I tried all weekend to watch on episode of Dr. Who

I just couldn't get it, whether it was a comedy but it didn't make me laugh

or is it sci fy - but it wasn't scary

I just could not wrap my brain around it which is a shame because there are so many years of episodes

looks like potentially a lot of viewing pleasure

and who is that teenage blonde chick?  why was he involved with her??

I didn't like her

Loved the 50th anniversary episode. I watched the simultaneous broadcast - it aired 3:50am my time.

My only complaint was we never saw the resolution between the Zygons and humans - it was like a half-assed plotline in the end. To be honest, I don't think the Zygons needed to be there, if Moffat just focused on the Time War then it would be enough. 

Now I'm curious to see how Moffat is going to tie up some loose ends re: Gallifrey and the Time War. I suspect The Master [and maybe Rassilon] are going to make some sort of comeback, because now it seems they are not locked away and Gallifrey was never burnt. I'm especially intrigued to see how The Master ended up at the end of the universe [from the episode 'Utopia']. 

I also loved 'Night Of The Doctor' and wish we could see more of 8th on-screen. I know he's got an extensive audio series but it's not the same.

Edited by Reverse The Polarity

Yeah, I'm interested to find out how some aspects in previous episodes are explained (the drums of war), It should make for some interesting viewing for sure.

I enjoyed the anniversary special a lot! I'm eager to see Peter Capaldi's version of the Doctor. I shouted in delight when I saw a glimpse of him in the episode.

I think Capaldi is going to be brilliant, I can't wait. He's got this unpredictability about him. Or perhaps that's just him being Scottish and they're all mad up there. 

I'm fairly certain Moffat is going to surprise us with his resolution of loose ends [as always]. Sometimes he's a little too clever for his own good but I've always appreciated his inventiveness. 

I've been following the 7th Doctor stories these past few days, him and 9th are my favourites.

Edited by Reverse The Polarity

Luddite question: if you live outside the UK, can you still watch the live stream somehow (BBC website perhaps)?

My sweetie and I watched the 50th show together. I was sad Peter Davison wasn't in it.

Wooster, you have seen this by now, I hope?

YES  :)

I'm only sad that we don't have access to BBC America so we can watch the Christmas Day marathon.

The 50th is the only new Doctor Who we've seen in a year because last season isn't up on netflix yet. Grrr.

Excellent.  They were all so adorable. 

I share the pain, I don't get BBC America either.  I've broken what remains of my brain trying to figure out if there will be a live stream or theater-cast for the Christmas special (if they did the 50th anniversary special in theaters, why not The Time of The Doctor?).  I'll haunt the BBC until it pleases them to post the episode.  Can't wait for Capaldi.