CrazyBoards.org

Teenagers, weed, harm reduction

I have four kids, 11-18. Three of them smoke weed. I know that I cannot stop them, but do my best to reduce their use of it. When they are at their dad's house, there is little supervision and few rules, so they smoke whenever they want.

At my house I have told them not to smoke in the house, and that I reserve the right to go through their stuff if I think they've been smoking inside. My 14 yo was told that if I thought she was smoking, proof or not, she would no longer be allowed to use her computer at my house.

So tonight they disappeared upstairs and came back down high. I talked to my eldest at length about it, and will talk to the other two tomorrow. I took my daughter's computer and she didn't even object.

Anyway, in the midst of this, I found a pipe (just laying out- duh) and took that as well. Not sure which one of them it belongs to. My question for you all- whoever it belongs to, should I give it back? These kids are dumb enough to smoke out of plastic bottles and aluminum cans if they don't have other options. I don't want to drive them back to that by taking the pipe, and I know they aren't going to stop smoking just because I take it away.

I would appreciate some feedback in general about harm reduction and how the fuck to knock some sense into them.

• 4 months later...

I have four kids, 11-18. Three of them smoke weed. I know that I cannot stop them, but do my best to reduce their use of it. When they are at their dad's house, there is little supervision and few rules, so they smoke whenever they want.

At my house I have told them not to smoke in the house, and that I reserve the right to go through their stuff if I think they've been smoking inside. My 14 yo was told that if I thought she was smoking, proof or not, she would no longer be allowed to use her computer at my house.

So tonight they disappeared upstairs and came back down high. I talked to my eldest at length about it, and will talk to the other two tomorrow. I took my daughter's computer and she didn't even object.

Anyway, in the midst of this, I found a pipe (just laying out- duh) and took that as well. Not sure which one of them it belongs to. My question for you all- whoever it belongs to, should I give it back? These kids are dumb enough to smoke out of plastic bottles and aluminum cans if they don't have other options. I don't want to drive them back to that by taking the pipe, and I know they aren't going to stop smoking just because I take it away.

I would appreciate some feedback in general about harm reduction and how the fuck to knock some sense into them.

I just quit pot after many 12 years use. I think what you doing is correct. you try to show them is not the greatest for the health mind and wallet. Also is they are otherwise funcioning and getting good grades, not dealing....it could be worse. You are right you cant stop them. If you do it will put them more at risk with the law, health etc and as you said with the plastic bottles (i did the same shit as a teen 7 years ago) they will use them.

I would just put them pipe back. my mom tried to act tough on me with the mj and it just made life hell for everyone and made me sneak around. Now if you find a heroin needle, crack pipe etc its time to get the serious help.

other then that i think you are doing the best you can and are practising good Harm reduction.