CrazyBoards.org

i can't sleep! help!

For I think a week (in not sure cause the days are running together) I have been getting 4-5 hours sleep and staying up for 24 hours at a time. I am starting to see things like bugs on the walls that aren't there when I look that way. I have tried everything i can think of to try and sleep besides sleep aids.

I don't know what to do. My thoughts are fuzzy and i get something like hyper and high from this. And I'm shaking. Help!

You need to get in to see a pdoc as soon as possible, tell them you're in crisis when you make the appointment so that you get in soon.  What you're experiencing isn't normal and you don't have to live in such a distressed state.  It's possible to overcome your symptoms, but you need a professional to figure out what's wrong and provide treatment. 

Along with a mood stabilizer and an anti-depressant, I also take Ambien for sleep every night, and have for several years.  Not getting enough sleep is a guaranteed trip for me to the bottom of the abyss.  I hope you have, or find, a good doctor, and get back on your feet soon.

In still awake and it's going on 25 hours. I feel like this isn't real life. Like I'm floating but heavy and my thoughts are like mush. And now i can't go to sleep cause my bf insisted on me coming with him to his cousins house, then he left to do something and left me here. I don't know what I'm doing. Is this real life. I'm happy for spell and i rewrote this twice before it made sense.

I agree you need to see a doctor ASAP, the longer you go without sleep the weirder things will become. But for the moment, do you have anything on hand like melatonin or Benadryl that might help you get some sleep today?

Edited by hagar running

If you continue to see things and feel really distressed, please consider going to the ER.  It's apparent that you need some medications, and this situation will not correct itself.  You are really setting yourself up for a big fall if you stay sleep-deprived much longer.

olga

I have an appointment with my he pdoc on the 2nd. Hopeful i don't for it kill myself by then. The thought had been there for days. Or weeks. I have no idea how long this has been going on. It feels like one really really long day. I got 4 hours sleep. I feel like i can get more now.