CrazyBoards.org

I thought I'd post this thread because I've recently come across some great android apps for crazy people.  Please feel free to share!  Do tell whether your apps are for Android or iPhone or what, though, because unfortunately we can't use each other's <_<

Moodlytics is, bar none, the best mood tracker I've found.  It has the capacity to annoy the shit out of you remind you as often as you want to input your mood, back up your data, and it even does handy graphs for those times when you sense your psychiatrist needs to look at some pretty colors because you're using words of too many syllables to explain your mood. 

Cons:  I have no idea how you can add backdated moods but I hope they're working on it.  There's also quite a bit of Engrish in there...  I'm enjoying it as some flavor (they defined all the moods with a specific color!?) but it might get on your nerves if you dislike that.

Runner up:  T2 Mood Tracker.  Developed by the US government; this app records more data than you can shake a stick at and also does multiple moods a day.  I found that it felt like it almost recorded too much data, it seemed so difficult to customize that I never did it, and it asked about really too much stuff related to mood at a time for someone who wanted to fill it out multiple times a day, but YMMV.  (It does support multiple times a day.)

The other app I'm really loving is called MyChain, and it works on a motivation hack.  The premise is simple:  you tell it an activity you want to complete at least once a day and then you add a widget to your screen that tells you the number of days you've done it in a row.  The objective is "Don't break the chain!" and I have to say, knowing that I've been able to do something (or NOT do something) 28 or 16 days in a row is pretty powerful motivation.

---

What apps have you found that speak specifically to needs that crazy people might have?  Or just general needs, for organization or getting things done or whatever?

Edited by saveyoursanity

I don't have anything to contribute, but want to say thanks for these! I'm supposed to start tracking my moods for my doctor and this seems like a whole lot more fun than an exercise book and a pen (and a whole lot more useful when trying to check back through as well).

• 2 months later...

I'm now using the WebMD Mobile Pain Coach app, and I have to say I really like it.  It's a great place to begin if you want to track your pain levels and what might be triggering it, and it has enough to interest the advanced user who wants to really dive into the data.

I have been using Dosecast for my med reminders and tracking, I think I heard about it here somewhere.  It comes in both iphone and android versions (I use android).  I hate using apps for anything, so it's high praise to say that I actually use it.  

It's flexible enough to deal with most things.  The annoyance factor is pretty well calibrated, enough that I take the meds on time, but not so much that I delete the app.

Personally I find it helpful to make separate entries for each strength of each med. That is, instead of (for example) making entries for Wellbutrin and Lamictal and entering the amount I take for each, I created med entries like Wellbutrin 150, Wellbutrin 300, Lamictal 100, Lamictal 200, Lamictal 250, etc. When I make a med change I just inactivate the entries I'm not currently using, that way I can activate them again later if needed.  I even added pictures of my meds to some of the entries, which reminds me that, for example, I'm taking the oval purple Lamictal tabs (250 XR) instead of the round blue ones (200 XR). Of course you don't have to get this fussy about it... but it has helped me when I was making a lot of changes.

Edited by tamagotchi

I have been using Dosecast for my med reminders and tracking, I think I heard about it here somewhere.  It comes in both iphone and android versions (I use android).  I hate using apps for anything, so it's high praise to say that I actually use it.  

The annoyance factor is pretty well calibrated, enough that I take the meds on time, but not so much that I delete the app.  In fact it's annoying the shit out of me reminding me to take my meds right now, so I'll go do that.

Oh my god. THANK YOU. I've been using My Logs for Android which is a ridiculously simplistic app, almost to a fault. I primarily use it just to track when I've accidentally missed a dose or have had a change in medication. I will definitely be checking out and trying Dosecast. It looks very promising.

I was using different apps for tracking moods, Meds, health stats and habits. But then I found Track & Share which is an awesome customizable tracking program that can track pretty much anything.

I'm now tracking mood, anxiety, obsessions, Meds, other mental health symptoms peculiar to me, weight, eating habits, exercise, CBT habits ... Habits I'm trying to start and quit, etc...

http://www.trackandshareapps.com

There's also Optimism - which is a pretty comprehensive depression tracker. It's well designed, but I wanted something that I could customize for my own needs so I don't use it anymore.

Edited by kateislate