CrazyBoards.org

Mom giving me flashbacks

wadjet

My mom came the day before Thanksgiving and just left today and it was horrible. 

I have edited this out because she is getting a computer and I am paranoid that she will read this and know its about her and cause drama.

Edited by wadjet

Yes you can be a good person by protecting your kids from her cruelty. There is a reason that no one else will talk to her. 

There are stages of cutting people off. Maybe it means no private in-person visits but you can meet in public. Maybe it means not seeing each other at all but still talking on the phone. Maybe it means written communication only, or maybe it means no communication at all. 

You can choose which one you want, and it can vary as well. It doesn't need to be permanent, but it can be.

It is something that you absolutely can do. You are an adult. You can protect yourself and your children from her.

She sounds completely horrible. I hope your children weren't upset by her ridiculous comments. 

I've completely cut my father out of my life and I feel no guilt or remorse for it, and don't feel like a "bad person" for doing it. He was a monster as I was growing up and little has changed. I haven't seen or spoken to him in years, and I hope to never see him again. 

Thank you for responding hagar.  It actually makes me feel hopeful when I read you feel no guilt for cutting out your father.  I have a problem with feeling guilty even when I know I shouldn't.  My children are ok.  My son just laughed at her.  My daughter ignored her.