CrazyBoards.org

Mistaking dream content for real life

I feel like I might be posting too much but I dont really know other people to share experiences with irl, so here I am!

Anyone confuse dream content with real life?

Sometimes I think little things, like dreaming I have clothes I dont own and a few days later looking for those imaginary clothes, thinking I had conversations i never had, that people did things they only did in dreams, or even buying things for pets I think I own until I realize it was only a dream, or feeling lingering very real mourning when I realize said pet isnt real.

I dont usually dream, had rem deficiency for years, but when I do dream I get confused. Anyone relate? Did anything make the confusion better? I'm a lucid dreamer so maybe its a lucid thing :) just wondering what other peoples experience with this may be!

I have had occasions when I wondered whether something really happened or whether I dreamed it, and I suffered a bit of confusion. It doesn't happen often, but if I sleep a lot and am on sedating meds, it can happen. And it's always insignificant, mundane things so it is hard to tell.

I rarely have dreams (At least those I can remember)  Most of the rare ones are weird enough to be un-real.  A few times I've had a bad dream about a relationship (For example) where I was being upset with someone for what they did in my dream *Which is pretty stupid.   Its not that its so real but (I think) that its so rare.  

I feel like I might be posting too much but I dont really know other people to share experiences with irl, so here I am!

Anyone confuse dream content with real life?

Sometimes I think little things, like dreaming I have clothes I dont own and a few days later looking for those imaginary clothes, thinking I had conversations i never had, that people did things they only did in dreams, or even buying things for pets I think I own until I realize it was only a dream, or feeling lingering very real mourning when I realize said pet isnt real.

I dont usually dream, had rem deficiency for years, but when I do dream I get confused. Anyone relate? Did anything make the confusion better? I'm a lucid dreamer so maybe its a lucid thing :) just wondering what other peoples experience with this may be!

I rarely have dreams (At least those I can remember) Most of the rare ones are weird enough to be un-real.

My dreams all seem to be mundane and very close to my life situation. Same, hence the confusion. I went a long time not dreaming but now I have the most trivial but ultra realistic dreams, with taste and feelings and everything. I had a dream the other night about finding a box of hangers and hanging up all my clothes. :P I used to suffer with night mares and paralysis so I dont mind the dull dreams Edited by cosmeticplague

Yes, I have had occasions when I've had to sit down and think to sort out dreams from memories (as far as I am aware with 100% success) when the dreams have had utterly mundane and normal settings.

Once, even of being left a house at the seaside, which I had forgotten about, but just now recalled.  An extra level deep, that one!

No chance of mistaking the surreal or horrific ones.(no, I don't get anything much at the wake up screaming/shaking/sweating level.)

On the other hand I have also detected some odd tricks my memory has played on me. (again, nothing horrific, just a couple of things I knew, remembered for certain, which were simple not so, as it turned out.)

Chris.

Yep, this happens to me, too, although usually in the hazy waking up stage. Like, I'll get up and be making my coffee and think, "Oh yeah, I've got to bring Dad's socks over" and then realize Dad's been dead for over 10 years. Not sure what he'd need the socks for. lol  But it is usually very simple, mundane things like that.

Yes it happens to me, and some times even a deja vu moment I wonder if it was a dream or real some times. But yea, I've even woken up thinking I had some thing and did not have any thing and realized oh yea it was a dream! Or in sleep I think I am awake and like at work or doing some thing and feel like I have to complete it then I remember I'm dreaming yet still think I need to complete whatever it is I'm doing, even if it's working on my computer I still think I can really do it while asleep lol. Weird shit like that happens to me some times.