CrazyBoards.org

Anyone on the schizophrenia spectrum want to share?

13 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

I feel like slowly but surely I am heading towards hypo, but only in my mind.  If you could have a picture of my mind you could see it all. My mind races, I have ordered a ton of stuff on-line that I'm not returning (because it would cost more money to ship it all back than keep it, plus I really wanted what I got).  You may not be able to recognize it, but if you knew how fast I am thinking it wouldn't be a question.  Also haven't been sleeping well for the past few days except for last night, so I took an ativan to calm my mind down so I could sleep.

I hope you can stave it off or at least prevent it from escalating, Melissa. Do you have some extra Ativan that you could use? Or another PRN?

1 hour ago, iaawal said:

That sucks Melissa. Can you call your pdoc so that you don't become hypo? I always have signs like shopping or mind racing before the episodes start. 

1 hour ago, Flash said:

I hope you can stave it off or at least prevent it from escalating, Melissa. Do you have some extra Ativan that you could use? Or another PRN?

Pdoc is away for about 2 weeks, so I will probably email him.  Right now as long as I can sleep things are for the most part manageable, and the Ativan is really happening with that.  I need to  be careful with Ativan though because I see myself not taking it as prescribed (I'd take more than usual).  The xanax ODT is easy to be prescribed and I have never had a dependence on it.  I can see that happening with the Ativan.

2 hours ago, iaawal said:

OH MY GOD! Yes! The bathroom in this apartment is no longer my safe spot because of this (in 2/3 past apartments the bathroom with the fan on has been my safe spot). Even if it's 3AM, one of my neighbors goes to their bathroom! UGH!!!!! Almost every time, any time of the day. It's terrifying. I have neighbors on both sides of my wall. I rarely look in the mirror because I know he (one of my neighbors) is watching. 

This is so annoying whether I think they're watching me or not because it cuts into my personal space. It's like I have no space of my own. In my case it's not people in a bathroom next door (I live in a house). It's people who live in the same house going to the same room I want to use exactly when I want to use it. 

I am somewhat stressed this morning because I have a mammogram this morning and I HATE them (actually Idk anyone who does like them done on them) because they always have called me to come back.  I have had 2 lumpectomies 15 years ago, but nothing major has came up after that,  I mean I have had scares but they were not long-lasted because it turned out to be benign 2nd time around.  Better than an MRI of them though.

At work doing THE MOST BORING STUFF EVER. At least I have someone to have lunch with today, even if I have to wait another hour. Phew! I hate eating alone/going to get food alone. It makes me feel really isolated, and that's no fun in the workplace. At least lunch will be good! I can't say that for the rest of the day, but at least I don't have anywhere I have to be after work. I can just go home and relax, thank god.

I had a loooong day today, with not much time to rest.  When I was home for good I put away away stuff, watched a little TV and got a bite to eat.  Then hit the bed, falling asleep right away.  Can't wait until I am ready to go back to bed.  It will be soon.  Idk how people can be out for awhile every day.

So... yeah it finally happened... as you can see in my signature I have added an anti-depressant into my daily med routine... yay - not! Oh well... I already feel nauseous from it and I know there is that kind of in-between time when you take them when you feel yuk until you don't and they start to work properly, probably about a week of that "fun" time... I don't know people - I guess I was just too down for too long and now we shall see..... yes we will... x

I slept like shit last night.  Every time I woke up (about every 2 hours) I thought I'd be awake for awhile.  And every time I went and ate something.  I didn't put 2 and 2 together that when I am tired I will eat constantly.  So last night really sucked ... couldn't stay asleep for more than 2 hours at a time, and ended up eating at night when I usually don't.

I hope tonight is better.

Due to running errands I was a few hours late taking my geodon, and by the time I got to taking it my brain was all foggy and full of zaps, so instead of taking the meds I was supposed to take, I also took my evening dose of geodon. Hopefully nothing bad will come of doubling up like that.

Also forgot to get my zoloft refilled, so I'm going to be without for about a week before I can pick up the refill. That's more brain zaps.

2 hours ago, Bellatrix said:

Due to running errands I was a few hours late taking my geodon, and by the time I got to taking it my brain was all foggy and full of zaps, so instead of taking the meds I was supposed to take, I also took my evening dose of geodon. Hopefully nothing bad will come of doubling up like that.

Also forgot to get my zoloft refilled, so I'm going to be without for about a week before I can pick up the refill. That's more brain zaps.

Brains zaps sucks so bad. I only had them when I was on viibryd so about a month total but I hated them! Effexor just gives me weird nauseous dizziness and "buzzing" feelings. Blech. 

20 hours ago, Chickenlips said:

Yuk in a truck the Cymbalta is causing me to sweat... ick... :( 

Sorry it's making you sweat Chickenlips. Hopefully that's just an initial side effect. 

----

It's been almost a week since I sent my pdoc an email saying that I thought the latuda was making me crash and made me more of a zombie/disinterested and I haven't heard of a response yet. They're supposed to respond within 48 hours. Not sure if that just means he's ignoring me because I'm annoying. I've always been an annoying patient. I feel that's one of the reasons I don't like bringing up anything that might add to the "borderline traits/history of BPD." It just makes me feel that anything I say just screams out "ignore because she might be borderline." 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

I slept like shit last night.  Every time I woke up (about every 2 hours) I thought I'd be awake for awhile.  And every time I went and ate something.  I didn't put 2 and 2 together that when I am tired I will eat constantly.  So last night really sucked ... couldn't stay asleep for more than 2 hours at a time, and ended up eating at night when I usually don't.

No good Mel - sorry that you had such poor sleep and ate when you really didn't want to.... yes I am... x

7 hours ago, Bellatrix said:

Oh NO re the Zoloft... are you sure you can't get it any earlier Bel? I couldn't stand a week of zaps... no I could not! xx

4 hours ago, iaawal said:

It's been almost a week since I sent my pdoc an email saying that I thought the latuda was making me crash and made me more of a zombie/disinterested and I haven't heard of a response yet. They're supposed to respond within 48 hours. Not sure if that just means he's ignoring me because I'm annoying. I've always been an annoying patient. I feel that's one of the reasons I don't like bringing up anything that might add to the "borderline traits/history of BPD." It just makes me feel that anything I say just screams out "ignore because she might be borderline." 

Hmmmm so yes it seems they are stretching out the time for some reason - but - I'm sure its not cause they think you are annoying.... probably they are just busy and anyway if it was me I would be on their ass and be like "hey I already sent you a message once, I want an answer please and thank you"... I dunno I just think that they aren't thinking you are like a problem.... I truly don't xx

The Cymbalta is also making me feel a bit high.... as in pretty high.. I hope that goes away soon... I do x

I have very limited transportation and live in a rural area, so getting it before the first is pretty unlikely. :(

I don't think the zoloft withdrawal will give me intense brain zaps as it was a low dose, but having it not be refilled is a pain.

@iaawal Tell me about it. Brain zaps for me are disorienting and discombobulating. D:

I'm listening to music with my headphones on and Alice Cooper - Ballad of Dwight Fry came on and when the little kid said "mommy" and it scared the shit out of me! That part only came through the right side of the headphones. I thought there was actually a child behind me. Creepy. My initial reaction was why is there a child in my apartment standing behind me at 3AM calling me "mommy?" 

57 minutes ago, Chickenlips said:

Hmmmm so yes it seems they are stretching out the time for some reason - but - I'm sure its not cause they think you are annoying.... probably they are just busy and anyway if it was me I would be on their ass and be like "hey I already sent you a message once, I want an answer please and thank you"... I dunno I just think that they aren't thinking you are like a problem.... I truly don't xx

The Cymbalta is also making me feel a bit high.... as in pretty high.. I hope that goes away soon... I do x

Good idea chickenlips. I think I'll send a reminder email on Monday just so that it doesn't get lost in the weekend messages. I don't think he checks messages over the weekend. 

And sorry to hear about the cymbalta, I hope that goes away soon too. :( 

Not new to the forum, but haven't been around for a long time. New to this thread. I feel like absolute shite. Not sleeping for a few months>>>depressive symptoms>>>paranoia>>>>>flu>>>>>chest infection. See the pdoc next week. In the meantime, GP convinced me to start taking Seroquel for sleep again. I have a love/hate relationship with Seroquel. When I was on it for psychosis, I gained 70kg, which I haven't lost. Even the low dose 25mg for sleep is making me hungry. But, I am sleeping again. I hope the pdoc has a better suggestion. I feel hopeless and numb and dumb and emotional and sad, just not all at once. Meds make me dumb - I hate that. I even rang the pharmacies because I was so paranoid that they thought I was a shoplifter (part of my persecutory stuff). I've gotta show my face there now after that. Feel like an idiot. Trying really hard to keep up with everyday stuff. Getting the cooking and washing done, and tidying. Cleaning not so much. 

iawaal, I would email pdoc again (mentioning you emailed a week ago and that you weren't sure if pdoc got the email, which is why you are writing again), and if still no reply in 2 days, I would call your pdoc (or office to leave a message).