CrazyBoards.org

Anyone on the schizophrenia spectrum want to share?

5 minutes ago, Butterflykisses said:

Was there an ICD-10 code with it or DSM code?

I know F25.0 is SZA-Bipolar Type

No, it just says the description. I think it might be a DSM-IV code, since DSM-V codes appear to be different.

My best guess is that "subchronic" means I don't have continuous symptoms, just episodic. So far that's mainly true, apart from chronic mild auditory hallucinations that don't really bother me much.

2 minutes ago, aura said:

No, it just says the description. I think it might be a DSM-IV code, since DSM-V codes appear to be different.

My best guess is that "subchronic" means I don't have continuous symptoms, just episodic. So far that's mainly true, apart from chronic mild auditory hallucinations that don't really bother me much.

Found it!

Its under ICD F25.9

Specific code icon 2017 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code F25.9 hierarchy2.png us.png

Schizoaffective disorder, unspecified

• 2016 2017 Billable/Specific Code

• F25.9 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
  • This is the American ICD-10-CM version of F25.9. Other international versions of ICD-10 F25.9 may differ.
  • Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.

Clinical Information 
  • A disorder in which the individual suffers from both symptoms that qualify as schizophrenia and symptoms that qualify as a mood disorder (e.g., depression or bipolar disorder) for a substantial portion (but not all) of the active period of the illness; for the remainder of the active period of the illness, the individual suffers from delusions or hallucinations in the absence of prominent mood symptoms.
  • Mental disorder characterized by the presence of both affective disorder and schizophrenia-like symptoms.
Applicable To 
  • Schizoaffective psychosis NOS
Approximate Synonyms 
  • Acute exacerbation of chronic schizoaffective schizophrenia
  • Acute exacerbation of subchronic schizoaffective schizophrenia
  • Chronic schizoaffective schizophrenia
  • Schizoaffective disorder
  • Schizoaffective schizophrenia, chronic
  • Schizoaffective schizophrenia, chronic, w acute exacerbation
  • Schizoaffective schizophrenia, subchronic
  • Schizoaffective schizophrenia, subchronic, w acute exacerbation
  • Schizophrenia, schizoaffective with acute exacerbation
  • Schizophrenia, schizoaffective, chronic
  • Schizophrenia, schizoaffective, subchronic
  • Schizophrenia, schizoaffective, subchronic, acute
  • Subchronic schizoaffective schizophrenia

Where as Bipolar type is F25.0

Specific code icon 2017 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code F25.0 hierarchy2.png us.png

Schizoaffective disorder, bipolar type

• 2016 2017 Billable/Specific Code

• F25.0 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
  • This is the American ICD-10-CM version of F25.0. Other international versions of ICD-10 F25.0 may differ.
  • Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.

Applicable To 
  • Cyclic schizophrenia
  • Schizoaffective disorder, manic type
  • Schizoaffective disorder, mixed type
  • Schizoaffective psychosis, bipolar type
  • Schizophreniform psychosis, manic type
ICD-10-CM F25.0 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group (MS-DRG v34.0):
  • 885 Psychoses

Convert ICD-10-CM F25.0 to ICD-9-CM

The following ICD-10-CM Index entries contain back-references to ICD-10-CM F25.0:
3.gifschizoaffective F25.9note.png
12.pngbipolar type F25.0
12.pngmanic type F25.0
13.pngmixed type F25.0
2.gifschizoaffective F25.9note.png
43.pngmanic type F25.0
3.gifschizophreniform F20.81note.png
12.pngmanic type F25.0
13.pngmixed type F25.0
3.gifcyclic F25.0

Yesterday I sprained my ankle and foot ... as I caught myself it was too late.  My ankle made a 90 degree angle when I fell, and my foot went with it, everything cracking on the right side of my right foot.  Can not wiggle my toes unless ice has been on the area for a couple hours.  I am on crutches, both sides ... I tried using just the one crutch to take the pressure off, but I can't even do that.

Fortunately I have an appt already scheduled with primary for tomorrow morning so I'll get checked then.  If I need an x-ray I think I can do that in the same building.  Hopefully anyway ... I don't want take a chance of slipping a second time if we have to go to the hospital.

Very very painful.

Sorry that you're in pain @melissaw72. Sprained ankles really suck. I used to sprain mine all the time. 

On another note, I've been noticing that my thinking these days is still a bit weird. Last night, for example, I though I turned off my office light, but when I walked past it before bed I saw that it was on. First thing that pops into my head... who turned it on?? Not, oh I forgot to turn it off. Stuff like this has been happening a lot. I think it must be the tail end of this psychosis, or whatever can't be controlled with zyprexa.

Edited by aura

7 minutes ago, aura said:

Sorry that you're in pain @melissaw72. Sprained ankles really suck. I used to sprain mine all the time. 

On another note, I've been noticing that my thinking these days is still a bit weird. Last night, for example, I though I turned off my office light, but when I walked past it before bed I saw that it was on. First thing that pops into my head... who turned it on?? Not, oh I forgot to turn it off. Stuff like this has been happening a lot. I think it must be the tail end of this psychosis, or whatever can't be controlled with zyprexa.

Do you think you need a higher dose of Zyprexa? I know when I start second guessing things (paranoid thinking) I need a med increase...

35 minutes ago, Butterflykisses said:

Do you think you need a higher dose of Zyprexa? I know when I start second guessing things (paranoid thinking) I need a med increase...

I'm still coming out of the psychotic episode I was in, so I want to wait a little bit before asking for a med increase. If things get any worse I will for sure though. I know I'm on a really low dose of zyprexa.

I think this delusional episode is winding itself up, thank gawd. It's been a long one and a half months. On the other hand, I am still hallucinating, so this overall psychotic episode is not yet over (my tdoc considers this whole period dating back to last November as one big psychotic episode). Still, I would be okay with hallucinating without the delusions, even though I would not mind a med increase to attenuate the hallucinations further.

2 hours ago, aura said:

I'm still coming out of the psychotic episode I was in, so I want to wait a little bit before asking for a med increase. If things get any worse I will for sure though. I know I'm on a really low dose of zyprexa.

I am sorry you're still struggling. I know for me clozapine is the only aap thats ever worked

2 hours ago, Closure said:

I think this delusional episode is winding itself up, thank gawd. It's been a long one and a half months. On the other hand, I am still hallucinating, so this overall psychotic episode is not yet over (my tdoc considers this whole period dating back to last November as one big psychotic episode). Still, I would be okay with hallucinating without the delusions, even though I would not mind a med increase to attenuate the hallucinations further.

How can you tell it's on it's way out? Are you having fewer delusions? In any case, this sounds like good news.

1 minute ago, aura said:

How can you tell it's on it's way out? Are you having fewer delusions? In any case, this sounds like good news.

I have fewer and fewer delusions, even fewer new delusions, and the delusions I do have are less compelling.

I got the teaching job I applied for! This means I'm taken care of financially for many years to come. It's a kind of stability us grad students rarely experience. I'm so relieved and so excited to start training!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aura said:

I got the teaching job I applied for! This means I'm taken care of financially for many years to come. It's a kind of stability us grad students rarely experience. I'm so relieved and so excited to start training!

Congratulations! That's wonderful!

• Like 1