CrazyBoards.org
Parapluie

Anyone on the schizophrenia spectrum want to share?

I guess I seemed fine during my pdoc appointment today because she just wants to "monitor" my situation and not change any meds. I told her about the "signs" too. I guess that's good?

The Entity keeps trying to hack into my thoughts, I can tell. We're part of a larger cosmic war that other people can't sense because they exist in a parallel reality. It's after me again. You can only hear and see echoes of me, not the real me. 

The light in my room keeps flickering and I know it's the Entity messing with the lights. I just changed a bulb too!

I got a message to stay on all my meds. But the head nurse at my clinic stands in the way of this order from the universe. She didn't even speak to my pdoc about this. She was behaving as though she were the Dr. I'm very upset.

Doom and despair are about to prevail soon in my life. I know it. I'm terrified. 

Can anyone explain internal voices for me? I have my usual internal speech, like my own thinking voice, and then there's theres about five other conversations also going at once - in my same voice - that can be completely unrelated or sometimes nonsensical. I hear it inside my head with the same impression as my normal thinking speech, though sometimes the random words and phrases are louder and sound like I've tuned into a radio station. 

But it's not like I hear voices or sounds coming from outside my head in any way, so they don't really feel hallucinatory.

It makes it very difficult to concentrate sometimes. It's as if I have five trains of thought going at once. I have trouble focusing on any one of them for long, and am often rapid switching between.

I also have the worst case of earworms - my brain never stops playing music I remember. I always have music stuck in my head and it never shuts up. The only way to fix it is drown it out with more music. Even music with no lyrics, classical or electronic, gets stuck. If anyone knows how to get rid of music stuck in your head, please let me know!

I don't know whether this is all mild psychotic symptoms or ADHD. 

I would bring it up to your doc. I get these repetitive words, phrases in my voice, that make it hard to concentrate. My pdoc knows about them. He called them intrusive thoughts. I am not sure if that is right. 

He upped my abilify, which helps some.

12 hours ago, Zelling said:

Can anyone explain internal voices for me? I have my usual internal speech, like my own thinking voice, and then there's theres about five other conversations also going at once - in my same voice - that can be completely unrelated or sometimes nonsensical. I hear it inside my head with the same impression as my normal thinking speech, though sometimes the random words and phrases are louder and sound like I've tuned into a radio station. 

But it's not like I hear voices or sounds coming from outside my head in any way, so they don't really feel hallucinatory.

It makes it very difficult to concentrate sometimes. It's as if I have five trains of thought going at once. I have trouble focusing on any one of them for long, and am often rapid switching between.

I also have the worst case of earworms - my brain never stops playing music I remember. I always have music stuck in my head and it never shuts up. The only way to fix it is drown it out with more music. Even music with no lyrics, classical or electronic, gets stuck. If anyone knows how to get rid of music stuck in your head, please let me know!

I don't know whether this is all mild psychotic symptoms or ADHD. 

I get this and I don't have adhd. I can't diagnose anything. I don't know if it is psychosis though. I am diagnosed with SZA bipolar type and GAD. I don't think I experience internal voices nor do I really understand what that means for a person. Sorry. Is it like your voice in your head speaking randomly? If so I think I experience that?

My brain is always busy like that though. It's very hard to concentrate and focus and remember things. There is always so much going on. I get confused easily.

I have never thought this was a symptom, just part of my personality. I've never brought it up to any pdoc I've seen. I just thought my brain was scrambled and it is just part of who I am. 

Interesting. I never knew anyone else had this issue. I've never talked about it to anyone before.

Edited by Wonderful.Cheese

12 hours ago, confused said:

I would bring it up to your doc. I get these repetitive words, phrases in my voice, that make it hard to concentrate. My pdoc knows about them. He called them intrusive thoughts. I am not sure if that is right.

I also get repetitive phrases in my head, like a recording playing on a loop. Lately they have been related to my delusions. I also don't know if it's intrusive thoughts or part of the psychosis.

My food continues to taste and smell strange. First I thought it was the pest control people poisoning me, then my husband. Now I don't know where it's coming from but I have a strong feeling that things are contaminated.

Thanks all for the replies. They might be just a random mix of intrusive thoughts. I'm seeing a new psychiatrist next Wednesday so will see what they say.

15 hours ago, Zelling said:

Thanks all for the replies. They might be just a random mix of intrusive thoughts. I'm seeing a new psychiatrist next Wednesday so will see what they say.

Good luck with your appointment! I hope it goes well!

20 hours ago, Juniper29 said:

My food continues to taste and smell strange. First I thought it was the pest control people poisoning me, then my husband. Now I don't know where it's coming from but I have a strong feeling that things are contaminated.

I used to feel this way when I was a teenager! I would only eat pre packaged food such as frozen meals.

I thought the rest was being poisoned. By who I didn't know but I also heard voices telling me so. 

My parents took me to a therapist and I hated it and the tdoc called me anorexic because I wouldn't speak to her about anything. I was too scared. I didn't want anything bad to happen because the voices also threatened my family. 

I eventually refused to go to the tdoc altogether and got no help until I was in my twenties when shit really hit the fan and I was found wandering the streets talking to myself manic as hell. I was taken to the hospital by some abortion clinic protesters who were standing outside a women's clinic holding signs and everything. True story. 

I refused meds for a while but now I don't because I hate court orders and I don't want to hurt my family, especially my husband. 

My point is that I think you are having a symptom of the illness and should talk to your Dr. Don't avoid treatment like I did. I ruined many many many years of my life that way and maybe if I got help sooner I would not be in the current state I'm in today. 

Sorry if I rambled too much. I hope you feel less anxious about food soon. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wonderful.Cheese said:

I used to feel this way when I was a teenager! I would only eat pre packaged food such as frozen meals.

I thought the rest was being poisoned. By who I didn't know but I also heard voices telling me so. 

My parents took me to a therapist and I hated it and the tdoc called me anorexic because I wouldn't speak to her about anything. I was too scared. I didn't want anything bad to happen because the voices also threatened my family. 

I eventually refused to go to the tdoc altogether and got no help until I was in my twenties when shit really hit the fan and I was found wandering the streets talking to myself manic as hell. I was taken to the hospital by some abortion clinic protesters who were standing outside a women's clinic holding signs and everything. True story. 

I refused meds for a while but now I don't because I hate court orders and I don't want to hurt my family, especially my husband. 

My point is that I think you are having a symptom of the illness and should talk to your Dr. Don't avoid treatment like I did. I ruined many many many years of my life that way and maybe if I got help sooner I would not be in the current state I'm in today. 

Sorry if I rambled too much. I hope you feel less anxious about food soon. 

Thank you. I will tell my therapist when I see her in a few days. It's definitely bothering me a lot. It almost feels like a cosmic thing now because even foods in the grocery store seem to be poisoned but how would that have happened? I keep finding packaging that is slightly opened as if someone tampered with it. Like there is a cosmic scheme to poison me and make me sick. Yeah, that doesn't really make much sense.

I was doubting my diagnosis recently and then BAM: a week of psychosis stopped only by an increase of Zyprexa. I'm still not fully out of the woods but have hope that I'm on the mend.

I cant take this anymore, its driving me insane. I was in a class and a voice started calling my name. Im so tired i can even stay the entire afternoon awake. I cant focus in uni and i have a lot to do. Im getting stressed because i cant do anything but i cant focus. All i think about is dead. So many toughts in my head, screaming at me. I cant take this.

I'm less anxious about my food being poisoned but now I think there is insect poison everywhere in my apartment. It keeps spreading and there's nothing I can do to clean it. Cleaning just spreads the contamination. I don't know what to do about it ... and I don't know if this is a delusion?

15 hours ago, Juniper29 said:

I'm less anxious about my food being poisoned but now I think there is insect poison everywhere in my apartment. It keeps spreading and there's nothing I can do to clean it. Cleaning just spreads the contamination. I don't know what to do about it ... and I don't know if this is a delusion?

I am not sure what is really happening as I don't know what your house is like and can't diagnose anything anyway. 

But if it is causing so much anxiety and stress I'd bring it up to your tdoc and pdoc. I don't know much about insect poison either. Sorry. Either way I hope you start feeling better.

I saw your other post in the OCD board too but I don't have OCD so I don't know much about that either. It's hard to know! But your Dr will be able to help with whatever is going on. Thinking of you. 

• Like 1

Went to my pdoc today, he seemed worried about my situation. He upped my zyprexa and ill be seeing him again in two days, i also have to check in with him tomorrow. He says that if i dont get better in this two days ill be going to hospital. Ive never been in a mental hospital before. This will be my first time. Im really scared i dont know what is like. Do you have any advice for my first time in hospital? Im pretty sure i wont get better and ill have to go there. 

42 minutes ago, Angerr said:

Went to my pdoc today, he seemed worried about my situation. He upped my zyprexa and ill be seeing him again in two days, i also have to check in with him tomorrow. He says that if i dont get better in this two days ill be going to hospital. Ive never been in a mental hospital before. This will be my first time. Im really scared i dont know what is like. Do you have any advice for my first time in hospital? Im pretty sure i wont get better and ill have to go there. 

Just stay calm and let the system do its thing. The more you resist the harder you make it for yourself (found this out through experience). Bring some comfy clothes and slippers and something to do (coloring book, novel, something like that).