CrazyBoards.org

Hey guys so even my doctor is stumped and so am i, hopefully you guys can come up with something from experience.

In the past i've tried

Largactil/Thorazine 10-25mg worked fine but they wanted higher doses of 50mg+ that gave me symptoms of involuntry facial movements

Risperidone 0.5mg Gave me a really bad hangover that made it not possible to work the next day or function properly until at least 12 noon

Paliperidone 9mg, gave me heat intolerance to the point of hospitalisation making day work impossible and at 6mg fixed the problem but gave me sleep walking nightmares where i would lash out in my sleep

Olanzapine (forgot dose) Made me extremely restless gave a bad reaction

Seroquel (up to 600mg at some stages) Made me extremely suicidal

What else can you guys recommend?

I'm surprised that your doctor is stumped because you took really only one of the typicals (Thorazine). Is Latuda or Saphris (AAPs) available where you live? What about Abilify? As to which one, you really have to rely on your doctor to make medical decisions.

i've had more success with certain symptoms with typicals

i also have persistent EPS though and take one of a few things depending to counteract that

so, certainly you could google what antipsychotics there are, but what will work best ...is more individual and i don't have the same diagnosis so unsure it'd be of use to suggest this or that save suggesting that if something does work, maybe consider taking propranolol/cogentin/etc to counter side effects...?

i think it's going to depend on what the root of some of those symptoms are and at least diagnostically, despite having overlaps on those...if you have a mood disturbance that might be playing a significant role and thus making it harder for people to suggest. personally, prolixin injections and zyprexa dissolvables seem to knock out the bulk of those, but i am doing cbt for delusional thinking that has become habitual, so to speak and that medication doesn't really resolve because it's just been too long. i also currently take propranolol and i have ativan and trazadone i'm supposed to take daily...and xanax as needed...i often skimp on what's not largely imposed and the propranolol, however.

haldol also works well for me. loxipine was fine. geodon, latuda didn't do shit for me. i've not taken ability as it can be "activating" in some way that's contraindicated by my symptom presentation...ingeva/fanapt, mono therapy with seroquel and risperdal i discontinued within a week or two of starting so can't say...and clozaril is basically my personal devil.

i know i've tried others but, oh, saphris gave me an atypical tongue thing...like an ulcer of some sort. but that's not a common side effect. any of the above could work for you though. is your doctor recommending something to try or...?

Saphris, Abilify, Zeldox (A.K.A. Geodon), Solian and Clozaril are the other atypicals available in Aus. Clozaril tends to be a last-resort type of med. Saphris is quite good for sleep, Zeldox has the lowest risk of weight gain, Abilify is quite stimulating/activating for many people. I don't know much about Solian, Clozaril is very sedating and has a high risk of weight gain but is reputed to be very effective in treatment-resistant psychosis.

I personally really like Abilify. It did cause me to become hypomanic for about a week though. So, maybe if you're prone to mania, don't try it. 

Like others have said, there are a load of typicals you can try. And you still have lots of atypicals you can try out. Others have listed them.

My main symptoms are Delusions, Paranoia, Aggresive behaviour, Lack of sleep

Ok what will work for that?

Technically, all of them are supposed to work for that. Like Woo said, your doctor would be the best source of guidance.