CrazyBoards.org

I recently had my thyroid removed.  I'm taking levothyroxine and it is making anxiety worse.  I've been following the site for information for quite awhile.  I thought I'd join so I can find out more about the interactions of all of the other drugs I take (bipolar) with the levothyroxine.

Laurita, welcome to Crazyboards.  I ask all new members to read the User Agreement, unless you read it when you signed up.

You might want to post your question in the Bipolar forum.  I'm sure we have members who are in similar circumstances. 

Good luck and I hope you like it here.

olga

I recently had my thyroid removed.  I'm taking levothyroxine and it is making anxiety worse.  I've been following the site for information for quite awhile.  I thought I'd join so I can find out more about the interactions of all of the other drugs I take (bipolar) with the levothyroxine.

Welcome aboard! Have you tried using the interaction checker at drugs.com? It's not the end-all-be-all, and it should never take the place of professional medical advice, but it is a good place to start.

http://www.drugs.com

Could it be that the dose your taking is too high???? and is making you be hyperthyroid? What dose are you taking.

Tell your doctor your having these symptoms

I take levothyroxine and have never had anxiety issues. But my doc warned me that if the dose was to high I would experience anxiety