CrazyBoards.org

Wellbutrin, Zoloft, or both together?

I saw my p-doc last week and - long story short - she has given me the task of deciding what to do next. I feel that Lamictal has stopped working as a monotherapy (I've taped from 200 mg over the last 6 weeks). She suggested lithium, but I am not willing to try that right now. I mentioned that at one point in the past I was on Wellbutrin and Zoloft and that it worked well for a period of time. So - she gave me Rx for both and told me that I could do one of the following:

1. Don't take either and stay on my current meds.

2. Take both Wellbutrin and Zoloft, starting both at the same time, and try dropping the Adderall (I suggested dropping it and she agreed).

3. Start with either one, and add the other in later - I assume so that I can isolate any issues that I might have.

I'm really not sure what to do. I feel like I should go ahead and take both b/c am *so* down right now - and I have been on this combo before. But I also feel like the smart thing to do would be to start with just one... Has anyone ever started two ADs at once? If so, what was your experience?

Yes, I believe that one at a time would be best as well.  But I have no idea which one.  I am lower than I have been in many years, and can not seem to make a decision on much of anything...  And then I think that I won't take either and just stay on my current meds...  And the cycle continues on and on...  :wall:

Yes, I believe that one at a time would be best as well.  But I have no idea which one.  I am lower than I have been in many years, and can not seem to make a decision on much of anything...  And then I think that I won't take either and just stay on my current meds...  And the cycle continues on and on...  :wall:

I completely understand the feeling. But no one here can tell you which one to start with because we're not doctors. Why not call your doctor and ask for her opinion?

It's okay to ask your doctor to make the decision for you. I did that last time I was really down and she offered me a choice.

Personally, I'd probably start the Zoloft first. IIRC it takes a bit longer to kick in than WB. Also it has anti-anxiety effects, whereas WB can exacerbate anxiety.