CrazyBoards.org

XENICAL Don't do it! how embarrassing

So here i was guys at the foreshore, i knew i was eating a fatty lunch Red rooster chicken and chips so i took 120mg XENICAL 30 minutes prior and ate my lunch.

well about 1 hour after i decided to go to the gym and that's when it happened....

I didn't even get out of the car when i had spontaneous dhiarrea come screaming out of my rear end with no control, leaving a greasy embarrasing mess in my pants!

My wife is looking at me going hurry up lets go gym, and all i could say was urgent pls get back in car drive me home for shower and change of clothes

Literally i had no option on the opening of my bowels. it just came out without me saying hold on wait 5 minutes for the toilet...

So yeh a big notice to everyone thinking of EXENICAL for weight loss i don't recomend it unless you like spontaneous uncontrollable dhiarrea with no bowel control

This is wrong i am taking meds to counteract medication side effects now and it's beyond a joke. my weight gain needs to be stopped! but not with the uncontrollable movement of my bowels  :angry:  :wall:  :huh:

From the PI sheet:

XENICAL can cause harmless changes in your bowel habits, such as fatty or oily stools. This is due to the removal of undigested fat in your faeces. The possibility of this happening will increase if XENICAL is taken with a diet high in fat. In addition, your daily intake of fat should be distributed over 3 main meals. If XENICAL is taken with any one meal very high in fat, the possibility of unwanted effects on the digestive system will increase.

Xenical is a good med for what it does. It does block fat absorption in the intestines. The key is to listen to the med and avoid high-fat meals. Think of it as a policeman who will step in when you eat high fat foods. Kinda like a forced diet.

When I took it, I'd sort of leak orange stuff. I ended up wearing a sanitary napkin in my underwear all the time. IMO, it wasn't worth it. 

Oh, and I was going to suggest, when your doc checks your blood sugars, see if they'll do an A1C. It's apparently a much better way to track your sugars over a couple of months time frame. Not sure exactly how it works but it is more accurate.

Yeh i paid over $100 for 40 tablets so i am going to use them up after that i am telling my doctor i want a new weight loss pill or i'm coming off meds simple as that now. I'm not going from a fit healthy young male to an obese blob in 1 month and just sitting back and taking it and the side effects are worse than the crazy factor

As far as i am concerned right now i am weighing up been crazy against the side effects and the side effects are outweighing the benefits

I applaud your trolling on CB, this is pretty funny although you haven't reached the heights of your previous account on here yet.

Probably because i'm actually medicated i came here for help not to be judged by you now go away

You can't say we didn't warn you. 

Yeh unfortunatly i have no other options for weight loss. This was it or nothing at all. On the up side i've lost 1kg in 2 days that's a goood start i'll see how i go in a week with more exercise

That is awful and humiliating.  I don't think you should take any more.

Why do you think you have no other options for weight loss?

Have you tried Weight Watchers?  They are in Australia and New Zealand. 

http://www.weightwatchers.com.au/index.aspx

It works very, very well.  I have lost 29 lbs even though I take a lot of Seroquel.

And it is not a diet.  It is a different approach to food -- a more healthy manner of cooking and eating.

Your wife could be involved even if she does not need to lose weight.

And of course, there is walking?  Can you walk?

I agree with bpladybug, check out some popular non-fad-diet weight loss programs. I understand you have an urgency to lose all you've gained as fast as you can, but that's not necessarily healthy either, or possible realistically. 

As a fit and healthy gym go'er I can understand the need to lose weight gained on medication. I can tell you that even when medicated, changes to diet and adding some extra cardio to your week can still work. Sure it's often harder to get the kilo's to shift, but it's usually do-able. I couldn't think of anything worse than to continue to take tablets that did that to me!

I applaud your trolling on CB, this is pretty funny although you haven't reached the heights of your previous account on here yet.

Probably because i'm actually medicated i came here for help not to be judged by you now go away

Are you sure you're here for help? You do everything that is contraindicated and against advice regarding Xenical and you complain of the inevitable side effects?

Are you sure you're here for help? You do everything that is contraindicated and against advice regarding Xenical and you complain of the inevitable side effects?

Because that is my only medical option here i don't have any others, this is from the doctor herself.

And no 3 hours a day at the gym and healthy eating is not keeping the kg off, even eating a vegetarian diet kept the kg stacking up. So none of that was working. It is the paliperidone causing my weight gain and it was reduced to 3kg. 

The doctor will let me know Tuesday if i can go on Metformin or not. Other than that it's a 1 year wait for lap banding wich i wont do as i only weigh 110kg

so far this new medication is working so if constant dhiarrea and greasy stool is what it takes to shed the kg then so be it...

Edited by Puddles2009

Because that is my only medical option here i don't have any others, this is from the doctor herself.

And no 3 hours a day at the gym and healthy eating is not keeping the kg off, even eating a vegetarian diet kept the kg stacking up. So none of that was working. It is the paliperidone causing my weight gain and it was reduced to 3kg. 

The doctor will let me know Tuesday if i can go on Metformin or not. Other than that it's a 1 year wait for lap banding wich i wont do as i only weigh 110kg

so far this new medication is working so if constant dhiarrea and greasy stool is what it takes to shed the kg then so be it...

That is awful and humiliating.  I don't think you should take any more.

Why do you think you have no other options for weight loss?

Have you tried Weight Watchers?  They are in Australia and New Zealand. 

http://www.weightwatchers.com.au/index.aspx

It works very, very well.  I have lost 29 lbs even though I take a lot of Seroquel.

And it is not a diet.  It is a different approach to food -- a more healthy manner of cooking and eating.

Your wife could be involved even if she does not need to lose weight.

And of course, there is walking?  Can you walk?

That was the problem, healthy diet wasn't shedding the kg neither was a vegetarian only diet, i really have tried but nothing is working it's like it stopped whatever breaks down fat in my body all together

Puddles, you do understand how xenical works, right?

The fat that's coming out your digestive tract is NOT fat from your body. It's fat that you have ingested recently from food that has not become part of your body yet.

The xenical keeps you from absorbing the fat you eat. That's all it does.

It doesn't take the weight you've already gained out.

Puddles, you do understand how xenical works, right?

The fat that's coming out your digestive tract is NOT fat from your body. It's fat that you have ingested recently from food that has not become part of your body yet.

The xenical keeps you from absorbing the fat you eat. That's all it does.

It doesn't take the weight you've already gained out.

I fully unnderstand that is why i have kept up my gym routine as well as trying to maintain a more healthier diet, i am also hoping Tuesday i will be started on Metformin as well for weight loss

It's just so depressing putting on so much weight in so little time then having to wait twice as long for it to come off

Thankyou for your helpfull information everyone

This is more for the benefit of anyone else who reads this thread, but:

+ Weight loss is basically calories in vs calories out. You want more going out and less going in. 

+ Get a calorie counter like MyFitnessPal. It's great at giving you an indication of how much you're eating every day and also gives a guideline to your recommended caloric intake. You might be surprised by how much you're actually eating. 

+ Medication like Xenical and Metformin are supporting aides to weight loss, but they're not a magic bullet.