CrazyBoards.org

ASPD need to regain feelings for loving wife & son

Having ASPD I'm desperately seeking self help, I'm losing feeling for my wife & son. my mother & father have told me over and over that all the psychiatrists in the area are wating for me to come in needing help so they can lock me up. I'm asking all,  please give me the tools that I can use at home to regain feelings for my wife & son.

I hear that you are desperate.

The good news: unless you are actively planning to harm yourself or someone else with a specific timeframe and method, or you are gravely disabled by your symptoms such that you cannot attend to your own basic needs or safety, it is very difficult to get "locked up".

The bad news: Professional help is the way to go. You deserve to get quality help. We are a pro-treatment peer support site. We can only offer you the wisdom of our collective experiences. We cannot tell you how to treat this at home.

Use your desire to have feelings for your wife and son as a motivator to find a good treatment team. 

Do you have a professional diagnosis of ASPD, or is that a self-diagnosis?

Like Woo said above, there is a VERY small number of reasons that psychiatrists can put someone in the hospital against their will.  It's really hard for physicians to make that happen - and for good reason.

No I don't have a professional diagnosis. what I have is the impulse to make mentally ill people confused and delusional. I've been able to control this impulse over the past year or so, this is why all the psychiatrists in my area are dying to lock me up. I feel the good in me and I won't the good to over come the evil. self help is the only way.

what I have is the impulse to make mentally ill people confused and delusional. 

If this is the case, then I would ask you to consider if you are safe to be here.

If you mess with other members here, you will be not so politely and swiftly removed.

Also, did you catch the part where I said "we are a pro-treatment site"?

That means we encourage people to work with a team of qualified providers. Self help is useful sometimes, but when you don't even have a clear assessment of what it is you are trying to work with, it can be much more damaging than helpful.

I 've been able to control my impulses to harm others for a year or so, the reason why I'm on this fourm is for suport. A pro-treatment site is just what I was hoping to become a part of, but for the right reasons. To be helped like others. 

I feel like you're still not hearing this part: That means we encourage people to work with a team of qualified providers.

In order to get appropriate help, you need to work with a professional to get a good understanding of how your symptoms cluster and what those clusters start to look like with regard to treatment.

If we suggested anything else, we would be doing you a disservice.

I know it's not the answer that you want. 

However, we are a site by crazy people for crazy people.

People who self diagnose and refuse to seek proper care don't find a lot of support here... because we are all here working to get better. And that starts with a professional evaluation.