New Anxiety Person

Hello. I have what is now called "anxiety disorder group," which features, among other things, PTSD, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, and general anxiety disorder. I have panic attacks in my sleep and suffer from pretty horrible bouts of insomnia. I also have conversion disorder, so my anxiety issues sometimes manifest as neurological occurrences, namely different types of seizures and tremors. I also have cervical dystonia, which is complicated by all this. 

I'm here because I don't understand why, after all the different forms of therapy and all the drugs, I still struggle so much with this. I want to know if there are any others out there with similar diagnoses and what their experience has been. I look forward to hearing from you.

Hello and Welcome to Crazyboards!  

If you haven't already, please read the User Agreement to ensure we're all on the same page.

Anxiety is very difficult to deal with...paralyzing sometimes.  I'm very fortunate to be in remission right now, but I can easily recall how awful the constant anxiety feels.

I think you'll find lots of people who share your experience.