CrazyBoards.org

Is this a common side effect of Celexa?

I've been on 20mg/day Celexa for about 6 weeks now. About 2 weeks after I started it I noticed so much stress and tension in my shoulders and neck. I constantly notice it and have to make myself relax those muscles. My shoulders are usually raised by a couple of inches when I notice it. I even wake up at night because of it. I've never had this happen before. Is this a normal side effect of Celexa?

Interesting, I'm on Celaxa and I've got this too, but hadn't put it down to the medication. I thought it was tension from depression and a  bad experience I went through recently. I also get  jaw clenching and a "restless leg" thing. All of them are very mild versions, but do seem to be most noticable when I'm trying to fall asleep.

• 2 weeks later...

Celexa was activating for me, and I did notice a slight worsening of my jaw clenching, but I'd been doing it for years and was under stress at the time, so I can't say for sure. I would bring this up with your prescribing doc, and ask them about it.

Are you experiencing also much stress? What job do you for work? Shoulders and neck are sensitive to stress and emotions. Do you have a panic-disorder? 

Is it a pain in the muscles or does it give some little shocks in the muscles?

This side-effect is something to tell the pdoc definitely . Normally patients have it from antipsychotics