CrazyBoards.org

Hey guys so recently my doctor started me on ARTANE for muscle cramps, twitching muscles and for aching muscles.

It helps me to relax and stops the constant aching all day.

She orgionally wanted a 1mg dose but was unable so she gave me a 2mg dose and said take it PRN

Well i took 2mg in the morning and now the aching has returned in the afternoon.

1 - What is the recommended dose for someone with those symptoms 

2 - When should i take it

3 - Is 4mg daily ok? So far no side effects off it

If she said to take it as needed, I would take it as needed. But I'm not familiar with that med or its possible risks, so maybe giving a call to her or the pharmacy and asking them to clarify for you would be a good idea? 

We go out of our way on this site to make it clear that we are not doctors and cannot diagnose illness.  Evidently now we must also point out that, although we advocate medication in the treatment of MI, we are also not pharmacists.  No one here can advise you - better than your doctor or pharmacist - how you should be taking your medication.  We're not going to undermine your health care provider with contrary advice.  If you are experiencing a problem with the medication, taken as you have been directed, contact your pdoc and explain the problem.  She cannot help you if you don't follow the regimen and provide full feedback.

Have you tried calling the pharmacy where you got the prescription filled? 

Everyne is closed now mate for a few days  :wall:  I don't know what to do i think 4mg will be ok the internet says up to 15mg so 4mg seems low 2mg morning 2mg night

Doctor did say PRN i guess... she didn't tell me a limit though i was hoping since people on this site DID recommend me Artane to begin with they would of had knowledge on it to also help me

People on this site listed a few meds that are used to treat your symptoms that you could discuss with your doctor. But we really cannot get into prescribing meds or dosages. You question requires specific medical advice which we cannot give. I'm sorry that everything is closed for the holidays. Is there no emergency line you can call?

I cannot even begin to guess what the max dose is for artane because I don't take that med.

Hey guys i rang up that health care line and they said since they are not allowed to recommend any doses but they did say the normal was 1-2mg twice daily and some people have a max of 15 but they said it really is something i should take to my GP about.

I've decided to go with the 2mg PRN only take it if required to ease my symptoms i guess that's what the doctor said i just wont make sure i dont abuse the medicine and set myself a limit of 4mg until i see my doctor next. 

I am seeing a new doctor now as my old one has left so hopefully he has more knowledge on mental health