CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
aggierose

How many of you have tried Abilify?

I mentioned what you said to my pdoc yesterday. He said maybe we could increase the dose faster.

That's good to hear.

ETA: Just keep in mind that I'm no doctor. I'm just relating my personal experience.

Edit again: I did not experience any increase in side effects at a higher dose. Some people develop akathisia so you want to be on the lookout for that.

Edited by jt07

Did you take if for depression?

No, for hallucinations/delusional thinking.

Finally got hold of pdoc. He increased by abilify to 10mg, 11 days before my 5mg Rx runs out. I hope it helps. I think maybe it is already, if only by a small amount.

Make sure to give it time.  It took 7 weeks for me to get its full benefits.

Yeah, tomorrow will be the end of three weeks, so I still have another 3-5 weeks left. Blech.

Got akathisia from it now. Got cogentin for that. This is getting ridiculous. I have to take a med so that I can take another med so that I can take another med so that I can take another med. :(

I used to take Abilify... and it wasn't helping me at all. My pdoc was stuck on it. Kept giving me higher and higher doses. I think he had stock in the company. He wouldn't change me to anything else. I started seeing spiders and bugs out of the corners of my eyes with it. Still wouldn't change it. I started having weird sex thoughts about people I knew. Still wouldn't change it.  He told me if it was so bad to just stop taking it. Offered no alternative, no weaning off plan.

So I changed doctors. Hopefully YMMV.

I hope so. At least the cogentin is working. Sorry about your experience with the single-minded pdoc.