CrazyBoards.org

Thought Insertion- Something in your mind?

I've actually only heard of thought insertion once before when it was mentioned to me. Tonight I read about it on Wikipedia and thought "this is me!".

I'm a variation on most thought insertion people, in that I'm aware the thoughts that come to mind are NOT from external people, but I do believe my thoughts are not from me - but from something else in my mind, like the voice that speaks to me, for example (either the voice itself or a utility that's running in the background that cannot be controlled etc)

I want to know if there is anyone like me. I have a voice in my mind that's very much like a human. He'll comment on what's happening, people from my history, things to do, or general insults etc. Then I also am made to think about what I believe he thinks about....and his thoughts are typically similar to what a human would think about. I am 100% sure they are NOT my thoughts. So it's like I've got a guy in my mind that speaks to me and thinks often. The thoughts are not random, but similar to what a human would think (but definitely not my own). Also, for each thought, I do see an image in my mind associated with the thought. Sometimes there isn't an image and I just think his thought.

Does anyone else have a human-like person in their mind that BOTH speaks AND thinks often? (i.e. you're MADE to think of his thoughts often)

Cheers

Andy PR

I don't hear voices very often, but I have experienced thought insertion. I thought the thoughts were being inserted by the sun. I felt like they were distinctly NOT my own thoughts. They felt foreign, and it sometimes hurt when they were inserted and I would flinch and bang my head to get them out. They were thought I would never have on my own. It was horrible. Mine has gone away with medication though. 

I have thought insertion. Both in voices and non-audible thoughts. Mine might sound weird but its from the government, aliens and other entities. I know this is too much to handle, but don't worry. It varies. It depends on what. They are definitely NOT my thoughts. The government one tells me of things that is going to happen technology wise or sometimes even world events. Won't go more into it. 

i have thought insertion from the radio that i listen to   the man on the radio is telling me to leave the house tonight 

i don't know why i have to leave the house my husband told me to change the radio station so am going to put something else on 

at the moment i have silence as i haven't chosen a new  radio station 

unsure if my medication is helping me or what 

i have taken tonight's medication as prescribed 

I have something similar, I am not sure if it is thought insertion or not as I too do not have any strange beliefs about where they come from.  I just know they are NOT mine, that is very clear.  Not only are the thoughts not mine, they are often not even something I would even think of thinking about or the total opposite of what I would think.  Sometimes I say them out loud and when I do that I do not know what I'm going to say until I've already said it.  The thoughts are usually pretty random and don't make a lot of sense.

I here voices,i have rarely had images that are especially vivid,involuntary and strange and seem to come out of nowhere a few of them seemed to be another persons thoughts,memorys or expiriance one was in a house that ive never been in,two of them involved puppets which added to the sence someone was or was atleast attempting to manipulate my mind,this expieriance was unpleasant and fortunately isolated in my case,although they could probaly return,my condition alittle more stable at the moment,but i still have the voices,i expieriance the voices as other ppls thoughts only to the extent that thier voices forming words that express certain feelings and ideas

medication has helped i think in my case kind of turn the volume down on them

and relagate them more to the background

sounds like a very diffecult thing to be dealing with

Not only are the thoughts not mine, they are often not even something I would even think of thinking about or the total opposite of what I would think.  Sometimes I say them out loud and when I do that I do not know what I'm going to say until I've already said it.  The thoughts are usually pretty random and don't make a lot of sense.

I hate when this happens.  It doesn't happen as much anymore though because meds are working.  But I remember it happening and I'd be thinking, 'what did I just say?'

My Pdoc  has said that my delusion is bizarre and is considered thought insertion.  The last few months I have been searching for a device that is changing my thoughts...pulling furniture away from walls etc. when I search for it.  I live in a large house, but over the months I  have considered that maybe the device is outside my house.  I have taken a cursory look in the woods surrounding my house, but have found nothing yet.