CrazyBoards.org

Who is on what Med? And how is it working for you?

I've been on Viibryd now for a bit over two months.  It works in the way that it is supposed to (ie: the ability to think positively and help me be uplifted) but the side effects are killing me.

No sleep, Intense dreams when I do sleep, anxiety out the wahzoo, panic, memory issues, confusion, and the inability to find the correct words for what I'm trying to say, no focus what.so.ever.

Who here is on what drug and is it working for you?

(Current Dx: Major Depressive Disorder/ Chronic Depression)

-Mary

for depression room purposes i'm on cymbalta, it is great for moods and things it is designed for

biggest downside for me is poop is all or nothing, can be 2 weeks of rabbit pebbles, nek minnit, keep a loo within 20 paces at all times fr 3 days or so

When I was on Cymbalta, I loved that it took my aches and pains away.  (It was developed to treat neuropathy in diabetics).  However, it made me sleepy to the point of sleeping 12 hours a day, so I couldn't stay on it.

I'm on WellbutrinXL, which has been very effective for me.  It's not always good for people with anxiety, but I don't suffer from that so I'm okay.

If you have given this drug a fair trial and it isn't doing it for you, go back to your doctor and discuss it.  There are dozens of SSRIs, so maybe a different one would have fewer side effects.

olga

My meds are in my signature. Of them all, Abilify and carbamazepine really work well against my depression. Citalopram and Remeron work well against my anxiety. Not quite sure what lamotrigine does, but I'm afraid to rock the boat and pull it from my cocktail. Ritalin works well with the Abilify to give me energy.

I don't really have too many side effects. I have an increased appetite due to the Remeron and somnolence also due to the Remeron, and that's about all. If I could, I'd like to get rid of the Remeron.

I've tried a number (remember though that everybody is different). Citalopram (celexa) worked for me well for 9 months. I gave it up due to it's sexual side effects and the fact I felt so much better (bordering on feeling numb sometimes, it was hard to be happy but this doesn't happen to everyone who takes it). It was great while I was on it.

I'm now on Sinequan and although my depression worsened a lot initially I think it has started lifting recently so I would clarify it as currently working for me. I attempted to go back on the cialopram but I got bad side effects I didn't get first time around (my body typically does annoying stuff like that).

When I was on Cymbalta, I loved that it took my aches and pains away.  (It was developed to treat neuropathy in diabetics).  However, it made me sleepy to the point of sleeping 12 hours a day, so I couldn't stay on it.

I'm on WellbutrinXL, which has been very effective for me.  It's not always good for people with anxiety, but I don't suffer from that so I'm okay.

If you have given this drug a fair trial and it isn't doing it for you, go back to your doctor and discuss it.  There are dozens of SSRIs, so maybe a different one would have fewer side effects.

olga

My GDoc added Buspar when I was switched to Wellbutrin SR.  I think its a good combo for Anxiety Depression folks.  Having a use as needed Benzo (Valium Xanax whatever) is good for the strong PTSD anxiety attacks. 

I was loosing weight pretty good before I started dealing with mental health issues.  I lost 100 lbs over 3 ir 4 years and I'm REALLY happy that way.  My GP is happy about the change.   I switched to a non MI drug (for stupid prostate problems) that says weight gain is an issue.  Depression makes getting out of bed (At times) a real accomplishment so drugs that pile on the pounds sounds awful.   Is there a good way to address that problem?  Doc wants me to do this for a month and reevaluate. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on Lamictal and Zoloft together. The dose of Zoloft is just above the start dose, but when I tapered off of it, the depression came back badly. When I started it back up again, I had a couple days of euphoria and hyperactivity, but it hasn't recurred, and it wasn't serious. The combination seems to be pretty effective. I'm stable and depression has been much easier to deal with when I do have problems.

• 5 months later...

Meds I'm on are in my signature. I am on my last 2 days of Wellbutrin XR before I start Brentellix. I was on 300 mg of Wellbutrin XR for over a year and correct...not good for someone with anxiety....I spent the last 12 months on edge, manic and then crashing badly. The Klonopin wasn't even touching the anxiety. I was mean and snapped at everyone. The Lexapro worked really well, but the weight wain was too much. Made me more depressed. I finally lost all of that extra weight. I'm hoping the Brentellix works as I am exhausted from this merry go round of medication changes.

I've been on Wellbutrin for the last 25 years, and I also have GAD. In the last year or two, it seems like the anti-depressant aspect stopped working, and now I am just getting anxious on it. 

Notice, though, that I was on it 20+ years before it affected my anxiety. It can be used by some people with anxiety. Everyone is different.

I became manic on Prozac, and agitated and irritable on Zoloft. Wellbutrin was the next thing I tried, and it worked, so those are all I have experience with.

I am probably going on Latuda in the next few weeks.