CrazyBoards.org

Am I being manipulative?

panda90

OK here's the story.

My mom and dad are getting a divorce. I've been talking to my dad through and he's been talking about suicide. So i snapped a pic of my arms (which have resent cuts) BMD sent it to him saying "I need you here."

I'm feeling a I guilty about that. The cute had nothing to do with him but it worked.

Was that manipulative of me?

It may not have been the most skillful way to ask (using words instead of pictures can also often work) but it's already happened.

If he doesn't already know about your SI are you ready to have this discussion? And if he does know are you prepared to deal with his emotional response? If not, what can you do right now to make it a little bit easier?

I think you did what you needed to at the time to get through. I don't think you should second guess what has been done. If you feel like there may be a better alternative if this happens again with another person or your dad, then it's a good time to utilize that new form of communication and expression.