CrazyBoards.org

Feeling very manic..I think I'm manic

Okay so yesterday was Christmas. wahoo anyway I have felt like Ive been bouncing off the walls for 3 days now. I am talking, thinking, and moving fast. I feel like I cant slow down. Yikes I am not doing anything impulsive thats destructive but I just feel like my head is constantly spinning...whoo-whoo...honestly i feel like my mind is on a race track and I "hear" a race going on...i havent felt like this in awhile.

my meds havent changed, but i dont know whats going on.

could be a instance of hypomania present

also your signature says u have Borderline personality disorder

I don't have borderline.. but what i have read... it relates very closely to bipolar but, usually with borderline it's a reaction to something (an inappropriate reaction)

So it, might just be the borderline rearing it's head or the Bipolar. Best to just tell your Pdoc when u see him/her next time; even call or message the doc.

I guess you have to ask yourself two question:

Am i reacting to my surroundings? or is this a chemical hill coming out?

If you can relate your manic like symptoms to a surrounding/an event. Then it's probably more likely a borderline reaction than bipolar. But, there could be triggers that bring bipolar ascending and descending moods. I always felt those were more like subtle stress related occurance than a particular event or a reaction to someone else's reaction.

So i guess it's all of "what pushed the domino over to cause the wave?"

I hope i helped. I am more educated in bipolar for obvious reasons but i read a lot about borderline because of how closely they relate to one another.

Time to call pdoc! ;)  I didn't do it previous week for a manic episode and have made a mess of everything.  I'm also now depressed.

It looks like you're having a (hypo)manic episode, it think it's relating to Christmas and holidays. My episode is over now, but has switched.

When manic: 

• Reduce sound (from people, music, ...) for your brain to decrease stimulating effect.
  • Do very relaxing things like taking a shower or bath.
  • Create a mood flow for your familiy and pdoc to have an overview of your episode.
  • A manic episode feels very super great but afterwards 'damage' can be done to different things on your life. 

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so yesterday was Christmas. wahoo anyway I have felt like Ive been bouncing off the walls for 3 days now. I am talking, thinking, and moving fast. I feel like I cant slow down. Yikes I am not doing anything impulsive thats destructive but I just feel like my head is constantly spinning...whoo-whoo...honestly i feel like my mind is on a race track and I "hear" a race going on...i havent felt like this in awhile.

my meds havent changed, but i dont know whats going on.

This sounds like it could be hypomania to me, too. I manifest differently (more often mixed), but otherwise the bouncing off the walls and the busy head sound very familiar to me. Obviously, I'm hardly expert. I would call your doc, though.

Impulses aren't always destructive, I don't think. I have a tendency to start ambitious jewelry or writing projects when I'm hypo, and work like hell until the coaster starts to slow down.