CrazyBoards.org

It's not working for me

Hey guys i am new to therapy this is my 4th visit now and i dont really get the whole point of therapy. I am currently doing CBT but it seems whenever i go in all i seem to talk about is random bullshit.

I have been told i have to go and i want to make the most of my sessions but i don't know how to?

What should i be doing at therapy? because to be honest i have no idea what i'm doing when i go there.

What is it that you would like to change in your life?

What is not working out for you in your life and why?

What reasons do the people around you give for you going to therapy and do they have a point in all of that?

Getting a new career started

My life financial state went bad after a g/f stole $5000 and my house belongings off me

They want me to go to therapy to talk about my problems but i don't get why telling my therapist would help in any of that

They want me to go to therapy to talk about my problems but i don't get why telling my therapist would help in any of that

It won't, but it will help the way you deal with that. You know the old saying, if you can't change the situation, change yourself to meet the situation.

It won't, but it will help the way you deal with that. You know the old saying, if you can't change the situation, change yourself to meet the situation.

But why should i change myself to please others? Shouldn't people accept me for who i am?

But why should i change myself to please others? 

Therapy isn't about changing yourself to please others.

It's about learning and practicing new ways to manage the challenges in your life so that YOU are more pleased with yourself and have a higher quality of life.

But why should i change myself to please others? 

Therapy isn't about changing yourself to please others.

It's about learning and practicing new ways to manage the challenges in your life so that YOU are more pleased with yourself and have a higher quality of life.

I have another therapy appointment in a month and i see my PDOC in about 2 weeks as well as my GP in a week.

So many problems :(

Yes i still think i have been mis diagnosed and the only reason i have developed my illness is because i was started on these meds in the first place. I take my medication only because i am forced to, not because i want to.

Therapy is the same i am on a CTO and if it wasn't for that i'd be off everything.

People well pretty much EVERYONE says i am in denial and everyones says i am better on medications. i've had my PDOC say i have an illness my GP saying i have an illness and my own family as well as the local hospital and as well as the latest locked ward involuntry hospital.

I just find everything so confusing still, it's all very overwhelming and the amount of meds i am on is crazy!

I have found that you have to take the amount of meds required to be well. Look at my cocktail to treat depression. I don't think that you take more meds than me. I wish I could get by with taking just one antidepressant, but it doesn't work that way with me. I don't resent my meds; I thank God every day that I have found a cocktail that works.

I know, but I suffer from major depression. It's what it takes to keep my out of the abyss. Mood stabilizers can keep you from becoming manic, but they also keep you from becoming too depressed (which is the most important in my case).

The point is that you take the number of meds needed to control your symptoms.

Edited by jt07