CrazyBoards.org

Memory issues regarding episodes

Does anyone else have trouble remembering the specifics of their episodes after they're over? I was trying to reply to another thread when I realized I can't really remember my symptoms anymore. I can vaguely remember certain things but nothing specific. I can remember that I had delusions and hallucinated but I can't remember what they were.

Does anyone else have a similar problem? I find it irritating that I can't remember, I really want to but I just can't. 

Actually now that I think about it I can't really remember anything from during my episodes. Is that normal?

I think not remembering would be a good thing. I wish I could forget my episodes. Mine are imprinted in my mind in gut wrenching detail. I still believe in a lot of things that "occurred" during an episode. If I could forget... things would be better. I could let go.

I remember bits and pieces, some details can be a little hazy. I did journal quite a bit while I was in the midst of episodes, so sometimes I find it interesting to read back on my writings at the time. Also, my pdoc will fill in some details for me from time to time.

I think it's part of having psychosis. Personally, after a major psychotic break in 2010, my brain was fried for a while - it took me almost a year before I felt 100% again. For a while I had problems with recall and memory.

I found this article to be an interesting summary of psychosis and why it impacts the brain: http://www.mifellowship.org/sites/default/files/styles/Fact%20Sheets/Psychosis%20General%20Information.pdf

Thanks for all the replies, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who has memory problems surrounding episodes of psychosis. In a way I'm glad I can't remember because I know I can get pretty bad but part of me wants to know what was going through my mind because I'm curious.

I suppose I could try journalling but my writing while I'm psychotic is pretty illegible for some reason. Usually I have neat writing but while I'm psychotic all the letters get jumbled and mixed together and are all over the place, it's weird.

Does anyone else have trouble remembering the specifics of their episodes after they're over? I was trying to reply to another thread when I realized I can't really remember my symptoms anymore. I can vaguely remember certain things but nothing specific. I can remember that I had delusions and hallucinated but I can't remember what they were.

Does anyone else have a similar problem? I find it irritating that I can't remember, I really want to but I just can't. 

Actually now that I think about it I can't really remember anything from during my episodes. Is that normal?

The same thing happens to me.  Things just seem to happen so fast during an episode that one thing leads into another and everything becomes a blur, and I can't remember a single thing I did or said or wrote. 

When I was away at college...I would have full blown psychotic episodes my roommate and friends had to witness the accusations, superstition, the thought processing problems, disorganized speech, and once I feel into a catatonic state.

It was like night in day when I would get out of my episode. Before episode I would notice my eyes changing (dilating), after I felt like nothing happened, but I was exhausted.