CrazyBoards.org

I'm going to try to make this as legible and right as possible.

I ran out of my meds a week and a half of ago (latuda and abilify) and I have an appointment to get more on Friday but starting last night I think I'm slipping. I can't think straight, everything is going in circles sentences are impossible to form and I'm terrified. I feel like I'm losing my mind I'm not sure if I can make it to Friday at the rate things are going. I think I'm psychotic but I'm not sure.

I need someone to tell me what to do, I have no idea anymore.

They won't because I was being given samples so I don't have any prescriptions or bottles to bring. I'd have to go IP and talk to a pdoc there and get a script from them and IP is the last place I wat to go that's just where they want me to be.

You might not need to go IP to get your meds. ETA: Going IP just to get meds is a really expensive option and not the best for anyone.

They might be able to confirm with your doc's office over the phone.

Would they need to talk  omy pdoc or would anyone in the office do because my pdoc is on vacation. My appointment on Friday isnt even with my regular pdoc it's with an emergency one in the office. Whenever I call they just tell me to wait until my appointment.

For some reason I'm not sure that I would trust medication from a doctor other than mine, I just get the feeling that it might be poisoned. I need my pdoc to come back, I actually trust her and know she would never do anything to harm me. Some random doctor I don't know, who knows who they work for or what they want from me.

I just get the feeling that it might be poisoned.

This sounds a lot like paranoia talking.

Medication is packed and sealed in ways that make it difficult and very very improbable for it to be poisoned. There have been very rare exceptions to this, and these have been INCREDIBLY few and far between (like the last one I can think of was cyanide in tylenol in the 1980s).

Some random doctor I don't know, who knows who they work for or what they want from me.

They will be consulting with your pdoc's office. They will help you get the medication you need to reduce your symptoms.

Would they need to talk  omy pdoc or would anyone in the office do because my pdoc is on vacation. My appointment on Friday isnt even with my regular pdoc it's with an emergency one in the office. Whenever I call they just tell me to wait until my appointment.

Any pdoc on call should be able to prescribe.  That has happened with me at times, with pdocs being on vacation and others prescribing.

Once I went to a psych hospital because I was hallucinating and my pdoc was away and my GP didn't know what to do. 

They didn't make me go IP, because I was still functioning while I was hallucinating.  A hospital should be able to help you and you may not necessarily need to be inpatient.  I guess it depends.  But if you keep going without meds you risk triggering an episode that might require you to go IP.

That's reassuring Jarn. I think I'll survive until my appointment, it's tomorrow morning. I just wish it was with my normal pdoc instead of this one I've never met. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to trust what they give me or tell me. I just need to protect myself from them until tomorrow I guess.

So I don't like this other pdoc, he lectured me about medicine compliance because of that one time my medication was poisoned so I stopped taking it. He reluctantly gave me enough samples to make it until I see my real pdoc...I'm not sure I trust what he gave me enough to take them though. I just got bad vibes from him.

Well, I don't think you deserved the lecture, you ran out of the samples they gave you.

However, I'm glad that you got the meds. I hope you start feeling better soon and the symptoms go away.