CrazyBoards.org

Does anyone else have symptoms change over time?

I'm just wondering if anyone else is like me or similar.

My symptoms fluctuate a lot.  I can go from incoherent/severely disorganized to openly paranoid, psychotic, and hostile with not as much disorganized thinking.  I seem to switch back and forth between periods of hallucinating/being delusional, and some pretty serious disorganized thinking issues.  It's made me difficult to treat and classify properly because my symptoms aren't static.  They change around on me.  Just wondering if anyone else has issues like this, where no single "feature" stays the most prominent forever? 

Edited by Schizophrenic_Sanity

Mine have changed, but they "add up" as they go along, if that makes sense.  Like if I have a particular symptom, it *might* go away, but it really is still there, just not active.  Then I might get another symptom (a different one), but then I still have that first one also, so they all add up as I get different ones.  One doesn't seem to replace the other one.

Mine have changed, but they "add up" as they go along, if that makes sense.  Like if I have a particular symptom, it *might* go away, but it really is still there, just not active.  Then I might get another symptom (a different one), but then I still have that first one also, so they all add up as I get different ones.  One doesn't seem to replace the other one.

That's what I was trying to say but couldn't put into words, thank you. x

Edited by Schizophrenic_Sanity

That's what I was trying to say but couldn't put into words, thank you. x

You're welcome :)

sometimes I can be very disorganized I speak or type my sentances in reverse order  insert nonsensical words etc.. the paranoia is always there just not significant,   sometimes the paranoia is so strong and my speech and thoughts make more sense

I dunno how to explain it

I bounce around depending on how stressed I am

there are sometimes where I don't talk at all I just sit and stare blankly  no words escape me I can't communicate  it's very hard to communicate online even

Mine have definitely changed. I went from very few psychotic symptoms, to a lot, to a few, then moderate, etc. Sometimes my pdoc was so focused on my mood, the psychotic symptoms got forgotten, and then we took care of the psychotic symptoms.. It really depends. My psychotic symptoms kind of come and go, and aren't in synch with my moods. I can be perfectly fine, mood wise, and have psychotic symptoms.

It's a rollercoaster, moods and psychosis! I'm on two of 'em.

Things have changed for me a couple of times and never returned to the previous.  Experiences accumilate in the mind, although sometimes I am higher or lower.  But whatever level I am at, it's I've been there before and it's all still with me.  Twice things went into totally new ways of being.  This usually causes trouble due to not knowing how to navigate new realms.  Medicine keeps something the same, so far, but even then meds change and it's usually back to the poopoo pile.