CrazyBoards.org

psychosis nos- experiencing anhedonia from meds

yes. ive tried a few of those as well, but nothing. celexa, lexapro, effexor. i dont feel depressed though, so thats why my pdoc and i have decided to stop those. 

In my case, Celexa and Lexpro contributed to the problem. Wellbutrin is different.

You don't necessarily have to feel depressed. My depression exhibits itself mainly as anhedonia, apathy, and lack of motivation. Wellbutrin can be helpful with that. I don't take Wellbutrin simply because I don't do well with meds that affect norepinephrine. That's me though. A lot of people find relief with Wellbutrin. It may or may not be a med for you. I don't know. But I do think that it is definitely worth talking to your doctor about. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Just wondering how you are doing? Have you gotten any better? I developed anhedonia and depression soon after starting risperidone. I switched to Abilify and my doctor mixed in effexor as well. It took a couple of months on the effexor but my symptoms eventually all cleared up.I never want to experience that feeling again. it's horrible. I hope you are feeling better, Let us know how you are doing.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Just wondering how you are doing? Have you gotten any better? I developed anhedonia and depression soon after starting risperidone. I switched to Abilify and my doctor mixed in effexor as well. It took a couple of months on the effexor but my symptoms eventually all cleared up.I never want to experience that feeling again. it's horrible. I hope you are feeling better, Let us know how you are doing.

hey dan, i dont feel any different... ive been on wellbutrin for a month and havent had my anhedonia subside. my pdoc said to try it for 6 weeks and then if it doesnt work, we can go up to 300 mg. 2 more weeks to go. im also going down on the abilify, 1 mg a month. right now im at 7mg so 7 more months of this. thanks for asking. also im glad to hear that things are working out for you. 

• 3 weeks later...

hey dan, i dont feel any different... ive been on wellbutrin for a month and havent had my anhedonia subside. my pdoc said to try it for 6 weeks and then if it doesnt work, we can go up to 300 mg. 2 more weeks to go. im also going down on the abilify, 1 mg a month. right now im at 7mg so 7 more months of this. thanks for asking. also im glad to hear that things are working out for you. 

how are things going on now?

are you still facing anhedonia?