CrazyBoards.org

ocd or psychotic i dunno

I feel guilty for having mean thoughts about my roommate when she gave me short notice of kicking me out.  Now i'm overwhelmed with this panic that because I had these thoughts i'm going to cause something bad to happen to her or her unborn baby and I feel like I need to do penance for these thoughts.

I think this is possible because I am sometimes able to predict things and they happen, things I would have no idea and then they come true.

is this my ocd in overdrive or is this psychosis

i'm not sure anymore where one ends and the other begins

i totally understand what you are saying.

it is hard to say if this is OCD or psychosis... and i can't say either.

But, it seems more OCD like because it is causing you anxiety....i would more likely have thought it was psychosis if you truly thought this bad thing was gonna happen... like you were predicting the future.

The anxiety is seated more into that your negative thought will cause the bad thing to happen (OCD) instead of the bad thing is going to happen...omg what am i gonna do (Delusion). One is definitely OCD and One is definitely a delusion.

So i shoot at this is more likely an OCD thing.. and "I think this is possible because I am sometimes able to predict things and they happen, things I would have no idea and then they come true." i can understand this as well. I think as people who have Anxiety we have a million thoughts of bad things that could happen....sooner or later one of those bad thoughts will be an accurate thought, but i had to learn it was more of a chance occurrence i had that thought than something psychic. I think something psychic would be more of a feeling something bad will happen like a gut instinct...and anxiety never feels like a gut instinct from my experience it just feels like anxiety. You can clearly know the difference between an anxiety apprehension feeling and and gut feeling.

I hope this helped a little in figuring out if this incident was OCD or psychosis.

Edited by CherryBlossom