CrazyBoards.org

Since I started anti-psychotics, I haven't had a migraine

Hi everyone, so yeah, I haven't had a migraine since I started taking Abilify in March.  Then I started taking Seroquel in October.  The only migraine I had was the first night I took Abilify, and then poof.  It's not like I was having daily migraines, but I'd get one every few weeks.  Has this happened to anyone else?

So weird, I was mentioning this to hubby about a week ago. On seroquel, I have gotten the shooting pain things, the ones that shoot from the outside of your head to your eyeball and throb, but I have not had the 'hangover' migraines that make light painful, sound painful, smells awful, and make you hide in the dark like some sort of fantastical Gollum creature. I was wondering if it was placebo or something!

I used to get a lot of headaches, and while my antipsychotic didn't really help, carbamazepine knocked them out cold. What's funny about that is that carbamazepine itself can cause headaches, but I guess not the ones I was having. Lately, however, I've been getting a lot of stress headaches.