CrazyBoards.org

Good Books with Infomation for Others

Melissa, I agree that the Stephen Fry programs are excellent and give an accurate "feel" for the pain of a person with bipolar.  However, it's a little different if you have depression all the time, and I think that is what the OP was asking about.

We have a pinned topic in this forum that addresses this question:

http://www.crazyboards.org/forums/index.php/topic/14-books-for-your-family-and-friends/

It goes back a few years, so I'm sure there have been some more up-to-date books since this was compiled, but the suggestions here are very good.

Also, if you buy books, please go through the CB Amazon link!

If you can't afford to buy them, I'm sure some of these books will be in your local library.

olga

Melissa, I agree that the Stephen Fry programs are excellent and give an accurate "feel" for the pain of a person with bipolar.  However, it's a little different if you have depression all the time, and I think that is what the OP was asking about.

Oh ok, sorry.

Here is a little movie on Youtube about depression:

(Psychiatric Interviews for Teaching: Depression  - University of Nottingham)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YhpWZCdiZc

I hope your family have something about this.... Thumbs up girl for doing education about yourself and giving your information on the family!!