CrazyBoards.org

I see my pdoc Monday. Time is going so slow as I need her help with my OCD. Last time I saw here I refused to try AD's and was put on zyprexa and it is not working.

I am now willing to try an AD. And hope to feel relief.

I can't escape my thoughts-obsessions-intrusive-negative,they are taking over my well-being.

Once I finally get over one obsession, another one appears.

I cant get out of this mind, not even a second of freedom.

I am by far imprisoned by my own thoughts. And the compulsions haven't gotten any better either.

How painful a disorder as OCD. How painful.

Edited by Butterflykisses

OCD can cripple you. I know how terrible it can be from having it myself and watching it in others that I love.

The med that has worked the best for us is Luvox. It's amazing. It stops the counting, the hand washing, the having to do things over and over, etc. I don't know that it'll work for you but in my experience, it's at least worth a try.

I hope you can find something that helps.

Clomipramine (Anafranil), a tricyclic, used to be the gold standard to treat OCD, but now I guess it's Luvox or any SSRI really. Be aware that these meds do not work instantaneously. They can take up to six weeks or more to work.

Yes very painful An AD should help.....I would never think a AAP would help OCD but people are different........Also by someone who is trained, maybe ERP or CBT. If every thing has failed and benzo should take a lot of your anxiety away which in turn will lesson the obsession......The thing that is in your corner is you have classic OCD and just resisting the compulsion is ERP but like I said don't do it by yourself but with a therapist.

Please consider psychotherapy from a qualified professional specifically targeted to your OCD symptoms in addition to your pharmacotherapy.

With the right person, and working in tandem with meds, it can be really powerful.

Please consider psychotherapy from a qualified professional specifically targeted to your OCD symptoms in addition to your pharmacotherapy.

With the right person, and working in tandem with meds, it can be really powerful.

This is so true.

I can empathize. OCD really is awful. That feeling of being trapped by your own mind is like nothing else I've experienced. 

For what it's worth, I love my Zoloft. Like jt07 said, though, they take several weeks to start working.

Thirding this. 

Thanks for the input, everybody. I do go to psychotherapy and have at times even gone twice a week. My therapist sometimes stops me when I begin to repeat myself. I don't see how frequent what I say does or affects people, because things replay in my mind all day. So therapy has essentially NOT helped as much as I would like it too, because it's like I talk about my obsession which enables me to focus and think about it even after the session is over.

I see pdoc tomorrow (choir sings now)!! I took myself off the zyprexa and am already feeling some anxiety decreases. When I thought it was working, everybody around me told me it wasn't. I believe them now and am looking forward to finding an alternative treatment for my OCD.

Perhaps you could find a therapist who specializes in OCD? The right therapist won't just let you go on and on about your obsessions but will teach you how to challenge them.

Edited by jt07