CrazyBoards.org

Do i have OCD or am i overprotected

Hey guys so heres the deal, i have a few common rituals and also a few things i don't like anyone doing.

1: i will check my door handles on the car are locked before bed, or at the shops or anywhere i drive if i pull up i check the handles locked always

2: obssesion with cutting my nails or biting my nails, like daily every day and my finger nails have to be even both hands also otherwise i cut them down more

3: my car windows or my laptop window must be clean at all times, as in spotless no dust on the inside window or laptop not a single smudge or i spend 1 hour cleaning it

4: everything must have a place, everything has to be in order and straight and stacked neatly

Is this more of an Anxiety issue or Ocd issues? Also are these traits of my DX or are these separate illnesses, just curious because i am seeing all new doctors now as my old ones have left PDOC and GP so i need to talk to them about this.

Pls help

The first three don't raise any red flags to me.

the 4th one could possibly be an OCD thing.

But for the fourth one you would have to ask yourself a question... is there an intrusive or obsessive thought that something bad will happen if it's not straight and orderly?

But, from what you wrote i highly doubt it's OCD, but i can't be for sure because i don't know the whole history.

other than that there is logic with all of them.

1. you don't want your car or the items in the car stolen

2. you want your nails to be presentable and even (that's what they would do in a salon..have all the nails the same length....and it's consider proper)

3. Cleanliness

4. When making your house or your area presentable... having it nicely ordered and place is nice. example: a vase might look better on dining table than on the coffee table.

You should take that list to your new pdoc. He/she will be able to help you. Even if any of us were qualified to give you a Dx, we couldn't. You need to see someone face-to-face. 

Do you have a phone that you can use to keep a list of issues that you're concerned could be related to your MI? If not, keep a piece of paper and pen close by and write things down as you think of them. Not sure when your next appointment is scheduled but I'm betting you taking this list to the new pdoc will help a lot. I used to do it all the time with my pdoc. I still do sometimes. I keep my list on my phone and set an alarm to go off during my appointment time so that I'll remember to show him the list. 

Yeh i write everything down i write down here and i show him but i still get no relevent answers i guess mostly cos i am on a CTO

Maybe its because your pdoc thinks you have more pressing issues to stabilize first.

Yeh i write everything down i write down here and i show him but i still get no relevent answers i guess mostly cos i am on a CTO

Maybe its because your pdoc thinks you have more pressing issues to stabilize first.

This would be my guess as well.

Yes that's what my PDOC said as well, anyway it looks like i'll be back as an involuntry patient soon again anyway even with me taking medication