CrazyBoards.org

Same old fucked up story over and over again.

Nothing a cop does surprises me any more. 

Yep. And will there be any kind of disciplinary action other than possibly a meaningless "suspension?" (Oh, I'm sorry, "paid administrative leave.") Doubtful. Enjoy that pension, you fucker.

it could be any of us

My thoughts exactly :/. This is why I will never trust a cop. 

Edited by hagar running

The cop who shot the football player in charlotte is still in jail.  The only one I've ever heard of that had to go to jail for shooting someone.  Pretty sure the charges will be dropped tho.  Even a football player's family doesn' thave that kind of money.

I wish there were the same kind of public outcry for this kind of killing as school shootings, etc.

It's deplorable how often people with mental illness are killed or injured by police who ostensibly are there "to serve and protect".

I agree. But to me it seems like, within the views of the mainstream, we are the bad guys for simply existing how we are. Mass shootings are blamed on us, and no one bats an eye when some cop blows a crazy kid's head off. 

• 3 weeks later...

I don't want to read the article, it seems too awful.

It's strange to me that people mention charges being dropped because the family don't have money to pursue it.

Here is it a matter of PUBLIC INTEREST when something like that happens, and an inquest is held often in Crown

Court if a police officer kills someone and there is not sufficient grounds for the action they took.

I'm sure there are a lot of differences in our judicial systems

There was a case near here that the police were recently found not guilty for beating, tazing a man to death..  There were some protests, no rioting.  They did give the police in that area more training on how to handle situations like that in the future, but cases like this still occur. My husband had a friend who went to the protest.  He doesn't have a mi but he was appalled by the beating.

The outcry  from the mi coorganizations was more about how we should have assisted (forced) outpatient treatment "Laura's law" The argument was that if he had been in treatment he wouldn't have been a target.  But, he wasn't wrong for being in the place, the police were wrong for killing him. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here the crown prosecution will decide, if there is sufficient evidence then there will be an inquest.

But the police will be held responsible for their actions if they have killed someone.

A DA *is* the prosecution. And criminal charges are dropped in the UK with some regularity.

That story is really horrifying.

I had a friend http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Chasse who happened to be schizophrenic, we were close friends as teenagers but lost touch when I went to college.  It was really shocking to hear in 2006 that he had been beaten to death by the police.  The officers were not disciplined in any way.  Last year a movie was made about him, they continue to seek funding for additional screenings at film festivals, etc.  http://www.alienboy.org

Edited by tamagotchi