CrazyBoards.org

i am unsure of the dose he has started me on too or if this med will even work for me

I'd give it a good 6-8 weeks to see how it works for you.  It takes awhile for blood levels to even out.

Well i didn't manage to get my script today looks like i have to wait a whole 3-4 weeks to get back into the public system, meanwhile i've been on a rampage apparently but i'm not seeing it apparently i put a hole in the wall but i dont remember doing it

All i remember is been at my house next minute my wife is sending me a photo from her house saying i did this WTF 

dy46.jpg

Edited by Puddles2009

My wife is back at her house, we tried calling the doctor again at 8am but i've had no luck. As a matter of fact it looks like i may well and truly be off all medication until the official change over to public system.

The public system wants a re diagnosis because they believe the proffesionaly paid psych has just given me a label because that's what they do... The doctors around here are idiots GRRR

I know i have problems and all i want is to go as a voluntary patient for help and i cant get it... It seems to me i've gone from

A: seeing a proffesional pdoc with a DX of BP1 and borderline and anti social traits

B: on medication just tweaking out some minor imperfections

C: seeing a local GP who was amazing
D: seeing a therapist

to...

Public system all meds seized waiting for re diagnosis in 5-6 weeks time, no therapist as it is now all public, GP has left and the local PDOC took me off all meds cold turkey until re DX in 5-6 weeks WTF :(

It's hard to dx someone if you've never seen them be symptomatic.

That said, your wife has every reason to believe that you'd be a danger to her. See if you can do the no-meds IP. 

Just want to clear up a misunderstanding - public hospitals in Australia are for emergencies, not for things like medication changes. If you turn up to the public hospital wanting a medication change, they'll turn you away. They simply don't have the beds. 

Private hospitals will take you in for medication changes, but you will need private health insurance to cover the cost [full cost can be quite expensive]. 

I'm posting this so that non-Australians don't get a false impression of our health system. 

It's hard to dx someone if you've never seen them be symptomatic.

That said, your wife has every reason to believe that you'd be a danger to her. See if you can do the no-meds IP. 

These guys ave a 4 year history on me been symptomatic not to mention countless paper work from mental wards everywhere. 

And as a matter of fact yes in my situation a public hospital will accept me for a medical changeover in hospital because this hospitAL

A: has free beds and

B: I am a danger to myself and others off antipsychotics so they consider it an emergency

All i need is a pdoc referal

B: I am a danger to myself and others off antipsychotics so they consider it an emergency

So you're going to come off meds so you can get a bed because it'll most likely push you into an acute state? How manipulative. Good luck to you. 

So you're going to come off meds so you can get a bed because it'll most likely push you into an acute state? How manipulative. Good luck to you. 

Nope the new PDOC the public system ones took me cold turkey off meds for the 3rd time, don't try to twist my words you have no idea of my history here

Edited by Puddles2009

Really? From the sounds of it in chat they were rejecting your doc's referral.

Your story is, again, not clear. Which is why having an advocate is helpful. 

Really? From the sounds of it in chat they were rejecting your doc's referral.

Your story is, again, not clear. Which is why having an advocate is helpful. 

The local public system has a bad history of doing this, One PDOC was already fired from there because he constantly took MI patients off meds. This place has a bad reputation

I've got documents dating back to 2011 from 2 psych wards and 4 involuntary visits to hospital to prove my case as well as a current PDOC record and yes they are rejecting it again.

They've done this 3 times now and each time it has landed me in hospital involuntary by police force

I'll list my involuntary episodes

1: Depression and Aggressive behaviour - 2 weeks

2: Depression 1 week

3: Psychotic behaviour - 6 days

4: Manic episode - 7 days

It';s more of a case of placing me in the "too hard too deal with basket" and throw the case out the door

Police take me to mental health every time i have an episode as they say it's mental illness

Public mental health says it's a police issue and not their problem

I've been down this road before 3 times now 

Edited by Puddles2009

This is what I've gotten out of this convoluted narrative:

+ You go into the private system.

+ Private pdoc re-assesses your diagnoses, gives you various meds.

+ You don't like the various antipsychotics due to side effects.

+ Private pdoc gives you a script for olanzapine.

+ I assume you refused the olanzapine because of the fear of weight gain.

+ You go to the public hospital requesting a bed for medication changes. 

+ Public hospital says no, refers you to your private pdoc.

+ You come off your meds.

+ You've discharged yourself from your private pdoc, and now going back into the public health system.

To me, you're just playing the health system to get what you want. 

Side effects happen. Seriously. Sometimes they are very discomforting. I've been there, done that so I understand. Sometimes you have to find ways of coping with said side effects. 

You seem to have an issue with impulse control and a need for instant gratification [as your complaints about weight gain shows]. Nothing in life gets handed to you on a platter. You're not entitled to anything - not to instant results, not to instantly feeling better. 

Stop playing the system to get what you want.

PS: public hospitals often prefer to leave beds open in case someone acutely needs a bed. Again, public hospitals are for emergencies. It's how the Australian health system works. There's two private mental hospitals in Perth where you can stay for months on end and in much nicer surroundings, I have no idea why you'd choose to go into the public system again. 

I chose public system because i could no longer afford private and yes everything you wrote is correct apart from the last 2

The private pdoc reffered me to public because i can no longer afford him

public system took me cold turkey off meds

Yes i have very bad impulse control that is another reason i was sent involuntary to the ward.

I've actually given up on the system, to be totally honest i'm starting my full time job in meatworks soon and i'll get to take out all my rage and anger working in an environment where it's full of blood and guts. It's the perfect job for someone like me

Edited by Puddles2009

What Reverse is saying is the same as what I said in chat.

Choose ONE care provider. Pick ONE pdoc. Work with that one pdoc. Since you can't afford to go to Perth, guess it has to be the one in your community.

It will take more than one month.

It was you that tried to game the health care system, as Reverse pointed out. So it is you who will face the consequences of your actions. Whinge about it as much as you want, but it's your actions that got you into this boat. It has to be your actions that get you out of it, too.

What Reverse is saying is the same as what I said in chat.

Choose ONE care provider. Pick ONE pdoc. Work with that one pdoc. Since you can't afford to go to Perth, guess it has to be the one in your community.

It will take more than one month.

It was you that tried to game the health care system, as Reverse pointed out. So it is you who will face the consequences of your actions. Whinge about it as much as you want, but it's your actions that got you into this boat. It has to be your actions that get you out of it, too.

How did i try to "game" the health care system, i dont understand

By rejecting one doctor's opinion as soon as it got hard (taking meds) and going to see the one in Perth

You have a history of constantly changing doctors and refusing medication. 

This current episode highlights this:

+ Private pdoc gives you various medication.

+ You don't like the side effects.

+ You go to the PUBLIC hospital asking for a medication change.

Of course the public hospital isn't going to change your meds. You were under the care of a doctor, they're not going to play with your meds when you should be talking to you pdoc about it. Changing medication because you don't like the med is NOT an emergency.

Choose ONE care provider. Pick ONE pdoc. Work with that one pdoc

This, basically. 

The system won't work for you if you don't work with them. Are there are issues with the Australian mental health system? Sure there are. However, you also have to do your bit for the system to work for you. It's not easy getting better from MI. It's a long process. There are no instant results, no magic bullets. 

I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time, Puddles. I can't believe they took you cold turkey like that. Is there anything at all that you can do to get access to medication at this point?

When you do get in to see the pdoc/GP, I'd suggest bringing your wife to validate everything that is happening.  Sometimes it takes another person to convince a DR of something because it is an outside observation.

Do you still have a tdoc? Maybe that person can help you navigate the health care system? I know that it can be confusing at the best of times.

Or, if you still have a tdoc, maybe you can work on impulse control and the idea of having good things next week if you can get through the waiting without punching in others' drywall.

I've been kicked off the system all together, according to the public mental health a borderline personality disorder is not a mental health issue and is to be dealt with via the police

I am no longer to be on medication and from now on any further actions will be police attendance and charges

there will be no therapy for me because i do not need it

THIS IS THE WORDS OF THE PUBLIC MENTAL HEALTH SYSTEM TO ME!!!

Whatever you do, do not cold turkey off the Epilim. It is an anticonvulsant and the sudden removal of it could trigger seizures. I can't believe that they would let you cold turkey off your meds without proper supervision. You might have to see your GP if the mental health system will not help you.

Edited by jt07