CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
Lost_In_Wonderland

Friends not helping with my GAD/Agroraphobia...

*I'm not sure if this should be in this or the drug forum, it affects both :-/* 

I know they are trying to reach out and help.

But right now I am dealing with Bipolar 11, PTSD, GAD and Agoraphobia. 

I used to self-medicate a lot to deal with this. A bit of coke and E and K (god...the K) and I was the life of the party.

But now I am off of everything except valium (prescribed) and subutex (also prescribed). I was prescribed Xnanx but ran out and new pdoc won't prescribe. 

In public situations, without K and vals and weed I feel so anxious. Before I ever started drugs I was raped (twice) and my best friend in the world died 8 months ago. 

The subutex helps when I am out or especially in my studio with my fiancee, so does the K. Then I can enter a whole little TV/Movie planet and not worry about the pain, grief and incredible anger I feel.

But I haven't been able to get K, my fiancee really wants me to stop that and the subutex, intellectually I know hes totally right but then the pain (plus physical withdrawl) will come flooding back and I don't think Im strong enough to cope. 

I am in a drug care program called ISIS, I see a doctor and caretaker about once a week. I have a GP appointment tuesday and am going to ask for a pdoc referral. (Had to pay privately for the one who prescribed the xnanx, im in London btw so most healthcare is free or cheap luckily.)

Into this whole mix jumps my friends. They remember the fun, social girl I was 2 years ago when I was in college and lived for parties and cocktails and boys. I still love them, still care too much but im scared. Scared of letting them into my heart when my best friend is gone and never coming back. I has another friend die this year too and the pain...the pain.

One of my other best friends has been trying to write me since xmas to give me a present, she invited me and my fiancee to a salsa thing tonight. I love her but usually we give each other these really lavish presents (when I used to work and actually had money) but im almost to poor to buy food atm. 

Same with my other friends...even though I try to keep reminding myself there MY friends, they like me for a reason, I am just so anxious and worried of doing or saying the wrong thing, having an episode. I cant see one of my best friends because I am too embarrassed I couldn't afford to buy her an xmas present...what does that say about me?

I had a horrible episode two days ago, when I ran out of weed/K and couldn't get more. It involved screaming at my fiancee (who traveled all the way to get it but the guy was out), him threatening to go back to NY, plates smashing across the room (by me). It was so horrible. I felt so much anger, so much RAGE, and my caretaker at ISIS said it was because for once I was not sedated and supressing my emotions. This may be true, but how do I deal? I am a good person, really. I love my fiancee so much and am the girl with the biggest smile. I want everyone to like me. Maybe thats part of the problem...but how can I change that? Do I even want to?

I just want to be the girl I was, but I feel like when my best friend died this huge part of me died too. She was like my twin almost, we were so similar. She was the only one I could be myself with, really talk too. 

I dont want to lose my other friends but esp the ones who aren't as close or don't have MI's....they would think me a freak (says my brain). 

Its so much safer just to hide.

(P.S. So sorry for the length of this...I am usually quite suppressed so when something comes out it does so in a rush! >.<)

Edited by Lost_In_Wonderland

I cant see one of my best friends because I am too embarrassed I couldn't afford to buy her an xmas present...what does that say about me?

It says you are still the same person you were, just someone who is having a hard time right now managing things, including emotions, and that puts a drain on your financial resources.

It doesn't mean anything about you as a person. Everyone has hard times now and again.

While it might feel safer to hide in the short term, it sounds like hiding is ultimately getting in the way of having the kind of life that you want to have. Anxiety tends to respond really well to any of the cognitive behavioral, or "third wave behavioral" therapies (DBT, ACT, MBCT), especially when combined with appropriate medication use.

I'm not sure if you are saying that you think your use is problematic.

It sounds like you might have access to some good resources through ISIS. I wonder what kind of mad skillz you can pick up for managing the anxiety there.

I cant see one of my best friends because I am too embarrassed I couldn't afford to buy her an xmas present...what does that say about me?

It says you are still the same person you were, just someone who is having a hard time right now managing things, including emotions, and that puts a drain on your financial resources.

It doesn't mean anything about you as a person. Everyone has hard times now and again.

While it might feel safer to hide in the short term, it sounds like hiding is ultimately getting in the way of having the kind of life that you want to have. Anxiety tends to respond really well to any of the cognitive behavioral, or "third wave behavioral" therapies (DBT, ACT, MBCT), especially when combined with appropriate medication use.

^ Thank you so much  for this ^.^

I had a doctor app yesterday to refer me to a psychologist/psychiatrist and she said she would put a referrel in but it may take up to two months or longer, after the holiday season and all.  

I just felt so trivialized. I tried ending my life in the not to distant past and have cutting problems, as well as the drugs and grief and PTSD. I know what I really need is some kind of programe or something but if I don't get my coursework done and attend class i'll be deported. 

So I'm walking this tightrope. Sometimes I feel like im floundering, but I fought so hard to be here I cant give up now. 

(I did message my friend and I think we are working things out....I hope so, anyway.) 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Inanlae
      Has anyone done this successfully?  How did you deal with your anxiety--social, GAD--without your benzodiazepine?  I've been taking it as prescribed since 2003.  I am addicted.
    • By Dewey
      Latuda is off the table for now due to the weird reaction.  We were considering Depakote, but psych doc just called and nixed that idea due to my NAFLD and chronic hyperammonia issues.  So, he wants me to start back on Zyprexa tonight and to call him tomorrow to see how I am doing.  He has been calling me daily over the past two weeks.  Several neighbors are suggesting assisted living, but my psych doc is saying no way, I'm not at that stage yet.  However, my mother started dementia at my age, but his position in this is that when on Zyprexa, it cures the confusion and other debilitating symptoms at least for awhile.  He says that if I had early dementia, I would not respond to the Zyprexa as well as I do.
      My neighbors are now concerned due to my inability to think straight and confusion which they are picking up on.  I have known this for sometime and have expressed my concern many times over my brain feeling like it is falling apart and unable to function in the real world.  Finally my psych doc is taking me seriously. 
      Dissociation is with me all day long, extreme anxiety and fear/panic/dread all day long, confusion is there all day long, just feeling unwell with these chronic migraines is keeping me in bed 3 days out of 5 days.  This is not a functioning life for me.  I am afraid to leave my apartment, I am afraid to hear from my neighbors that I am confused and not functioning well.  These daily reports are just overwhelming me.  I now turn off my phone, close my blinds and live in a shroud of secrecy.
      I will be seeing my headache/neurologist/seizure doc this week and will bring this up to him as well.  I hope I can make the appointment.
      Just sitting here after taking .5 mg of Klonopin to take the edge off.  Will start the Zyprexa this evening or sooner.
      Just a few points about my environment.  Two neighbor threatened my life here (verbally), neighbors that I get close to pass away suddenly (one right in front of me) (I live in an independent living facility and I am the youngest here - most have varying degrees of psychosis/dementia - hard to live with).  I went to a party last week and I sat alone at my table while others crowded around with each other excluding me.  I left and came home very depressed.  I am an easy target where I live, bullies come after me. I have no trust with anyone who lives here anymore. Have been here a year and can't connect with anyone, very depressing, so I stay alone in my apartment.   I do not drive and with my agoraphobia, leaving my home and venturing out alone is very very scary to me. 
      Just not a life that I want to keep living.  I have to get on something to help calm down my brain so I can function in the world.  I have been on most medications now and nothing works or the side effects are too harsh.  It's just becoming too hard now to function in this world. 
      Well, thanks for reading *smiles*

• By Dewey
      So I saw my psych doc today and he feels the best reactions I have had to control most all my symptoms are in this class of medications.  Where I do not like this "named" class, I will give this one drug one more try.  I have been on them all but this one. All the others I can take for short bursts of time.  We are trying to find something I can take long-term.
      Starting tonight with 20 mg of Latuda.  I also asked for Cogentin to help with the horrible muscle spasms and rigid muscles.  Mail order will eventually get me the Trasadone to help with sleep and Cogentin for muscle issues. I asked for Xanax and he wouldn't allow that since it's too short acting.  I tried to convince him I need something for emergency purposes and he still said no.
      It's been 6 months since I have seen my psych doc and in 40 minutes he went thru all my back history, last 30 years to try to find something to help me. He also wrote to my landlord stating that my new kitten is my therapy cat and can therefore not charge me any pet deposits nor fees.  I love him for doing that for me !!!  
      So, after 35 years of treating me I asked... am I BiPolar or what am I?  He said basically I suffer under the umbrella of chronic PTSD, tramatic brain injury and childhood abuse.  The symptoms I continue to have will not go away, but need to be treated, great, huh?  At least he was truthful.  Settling in for the long-haul or what's left of my life. Somehow I was magically under the illusion I would be cured, lol. 
    • By HisHarleQuinn
      I hate how my anxiety makes me overthink everything. Here lately, my relationship especially. It intrudes into my head and it makes me wanna say, "who do you think you are, coming into my head, and making me feel these negative thoughts?!" Like, really, who!?
      That might sound strange, but it's truly how I feel. I hate feeling unsure of my relationship. It makes me feel ill. I've been trying to take my meds consistently lately, I missed the day I had counseling...which is odd because we talked about my inconsistency of taking my meds. 
      We've been together a little over a year now, which is pretty new for me. Never had a relationship last that long. Maybe I'm scared I'll get hurt or something? But, I know I won't. A lot of it is the whole "what if he isn't good for me?" spiel. My parents aren't very fond of what he does for work, but he does his best to take care of us, and put up with my anxiety and other issues. All in all he's pretty great, but my brain makes me want to over analyze everything and I wish I could make it shut up. My mom said she thinks it's making me realize that my relationship isn't healthy or something to that effect.
      Does anyone else have issues like this with their relationships? I saw a blog post about it from a girl who also suffered from GAD and I cried. It explained everything I've felt for so long when it comes to relationships, or at least this one. I feel like I'm alone in these feelings, usually. I know these feelings aren't normal, and I don't like them
    • By hannahthered
      Hi, I'm Hannah.  I've had generalized anxiety and OCD all my life and developed major depressive disorder around 11 years old, but I was not properly diagnosed until I was 13.  They've put me on lots of meds since then, most of which either didn't work or had shitty side effects.  Around the time I was 14-15, I even had some psychotic features during my worst depressive episodes, and some of my medications were only making things worse.  Now, at 16, things are at an all time low, and I came here to talk to some people who are in similar situations.  My current medications are Pristiq (Desvenlafaxine) and Risperdal, with a Deplin supplement.  Long story short, school sucks ass and it's making things worse.
      That's pretty much all from me.  Hello, CB!