CrazyBoards.org

Hi all.  I am a 30 y/o woman from just outside of Pittsburgh, I have struggled with depression and anxiety since I was in my teens but since having my daughter two years ago, things really intensified.  I had horrible PPD, and even two years later still feel as if I don't deserve my precious daughter.  I have struggled with agoraphobia in the past but am working on that, as well as trying to work on my anxiety when driving (due to being in a few serious car accidents).  I just came off of Effexor and started taking Fetzima, which just became available a few weeks ago.  I have mixed feelings about it.  I also take Abilify, and Xanax as needed.  I came across this community in a search for additional Fetzima info and I'm so glad I did.  While I am lucky to have a good support system IRL, I have been aching for a place to go where someone can relate to what I am going through.  Looking forward to posting and reading!

Hi, Carly and welcome to Crazyboards.

I ask all new members to read the User Agreement.  If you did that already, you're all set.

Be sure to check out our parenting forum.  I think it's really helpful to talk about kids and parenting questions with your fellow crazies.  (We have lots of moms and dads here.) 

I hope you can get some feedback about your new med from some of our members.

Let us know if we can help you in any way.

olga

Hi and welcome :) We have a bit in common. I'm also in my 30's, a mum and have anxiety and depression (semi recovered agoraphobic). I spent a long time not doing well in the car (although for me it was mostly being terrified I'd get stuck in traffic and not be able to just turn around and come home). Good luck with the new medication. I hope it helps :)

OMG your post touched my heart. How cool is this place? I haven't posted a hello ye; I just found this site a few hours ago, but the support system that appears to be here, and the almost ubiquitous personal honesty (including yours) is blowing me away. I identify with some of your issues, and I'm very far away from you, but I felt connected to you enough that I had to say hello, and tell you to hang in there. Thank you for sharing, looking, and hoping for a better day for yourself and your little girl. I'm inspired by your courage. :goofy::cool2: Take Care.post-35967-0-07246900-1389686922_thumb.j

OMG your post touched my heart. How cool is this place? I haven't posted a hello ye; I just found this site a few hours ago, but the support system that appears to be here, and the almost ubiquitous personal honesty (including yours) is blowing me away. I identify with some of your issues, and I'm very far away from you, but I felt connected to you enough that I had to say hello, and tell you to hang in there. Thank you for sharing, looking, and hoping for a better day for yourself and your little girl. I'm inspired by your courage. :goofy::cool2: Take Care.attachicon.gifbelieve in yourself.jpg

Thank you, you are so sweet - I have been having a hard start today and your comment made my morning!  I do love this community, there is so much support here, it is amazing.  Welcome to you too!