CrazyBoards.org

Anxiety, Mental Health, and Visual Destimulus

Hi! I'm 36 years old having spent almost half of my life as a diagnosed Catatonic/Undifferential Schizophrenic.

My episode started with being greeted by a younger female when I was 18 who seemed to glow Heavenly light that also felt like love which was represented as golden visual light but in the mind, so to say I'm still awestruck. I then produced a delusional lifestyle, thinking about the coexistence of music and math in an easy to understand Universal Code. I couldn't stop thinking and my brain was running out of thought juice.

Almost two months after my 19th birthday I had not been able to eat and was becoming more subjected to my problems, more than I should have been. I had full blown psychosis.

Now I'm in the now, speaking about what I believe every person who has gone through a psychosis should ask their doctors immediately! Schizophrenia is never diagnosed as an Anxiety disorder and it took me almost a decade to have the ability to word how I felt to the doctor my true emotions. I needed not only antitropic medication but also anxiety disorder medication.

Symptoms of anxiety:

No birds or too many birds. Cars seem to bother the ears or people in a large population seem to be bothersome. If the sun is white or piercing you need anxiety medication. If you are worn out when you just wake up that is a sign of an anxiety disorder.

I was on Chloradiazepoxide and I was on it for four years until I stopped and I haven't needed it for almost a decade. If you are on antipsychotics and don't feel like they are working and still have issues, please ask your doctor about a perscription for an anxiety disorder.

Edited by Xudisa

Now I'm in the now, speaking about what I believe every person who has gone through a psychosis should ask their doctors immediately! Schizophrenia is never diagnosed as an Anxiety disorder and it took me almost a decade to have the ability to word how I felt to the doctor my true emotions. I needed not only antitropic medication but also anxiety disorder medication.

Anxiety is comorbid with a good majority of mental, developmental & physical illnesses; i.e. depression, bipolar, autism, autoimmune diseases...the list goes on. The basic thought here is not necessarily about schizophrenia being treated with anxiety medication, but rather if people are suffering from anxiety symptoms to please seek treatment, because anxiety treatment can help in a plethora of ways.