CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
PoohBear

New....

I don't really know what so write about....I was diagnosed with ADD in 2nd grade been on medicine ever since then, my mom and I moved out of my dad's house in December of 2010, have been depressed & suicidal off and on (not diagnosed for either of them), my mom and the girl I live with make me feel stupid and don't know anything just because I didn't have a 4.0 GPA in high school, my dad complains cause I'm 19 years old and don't have a job, my license, a car, can't pay for my medicine, still have to have his help paying for college when he never had to help my older brothers pay for it when one never went and the other dropped out of college I'm the only one trying to do something with my life, that's all I can think of right now. lol if you want to know anymore just ask I normally answer any type of question.

Hey, welcome. As part of the intro, we suggest you read the rules (bottom right corner)

Sorry about the family problems. You're 19, sheesh, those sound like high expectations! Congrats on being in college! What do you take? I went for computer engineering, class of 2012. Took extra time because of MI, but I did finish.

Welcome to CB, find a spot, make yourself comfy. We're pretty laid back here.

I am just taking my general classes right now once I'm done with those I will start taking the classes for physical therapy. Thanks! I have to keep dreams ahead of me otherwise I don't go anywhere.

Welcome to CB :) stay determined with the general courses...once you get into the classes associated with your major, school is so much more fun. Still difficult, but more fun :P keep going!

Hi Pooh Bear, and welcome. My parents also split up when I was around the same age as you were, and my father also balked at paying for stuff (like college). I think it's great that you have some goals and are working on college. I am concerned that you don't seem to be getting any emotional or medical help for your depression and suicidal feelings, since you say you were never diagnosed. Many colleges have psychological or medical services that are either free for students or really affordable, so you might want to look into whether that's the case at your school or if there's an affordable community mental health treatment center. If you're insured you may have even more options. Best not to let this mental health stuff get away from you and become something even bigger that might get in the way of your goals. Anyway, welcome aboard.

You gotta not let Anne and your mom make you feel so bad all the time girl, some advice is good, but when they start making you feel bad or stupid, just take what they say with a grain of salt. They do NOT know everything. Even if they do have good intentions sometimes, you don't have to listen to them. And as for being in college, I'm really proud of you dear. I don't know if your mom tells you that, or if your dad does, but I will. I can't even concentrate on high school right now, and I don't even have to commute to a different town like you do! I'm glad that I recommended this site, since you're enjoying it!

Very eye opening dear. Neither of my parent's tell me that they are proud of me the only ones that really do are my friends like you. Thank you so much for recommending this site & for standing by my side through all the crap I've gone thru and will probably always go thru. lol