CrazyBoards.org

I don't have the slightest idea…

When it is appropriate to take my ativan. I've had the bottle since august and have never taken one because I don't know how or what situation justifies its use. I'm kinda fucked up right now with jittery-ness because about a half hour ago, when I went to pick up my Rx, I discovered that my Extra Help isn't active anymore…has expired. I'm going to be out of my clomipramine in like a day and a half, and I don't have money to buy meds, and I've had incidents with my father in the past where he's threatened to kick me out over paying 8 bucks for meds. I can call social security tomorrow and see wtf is up, but what if they won't pay?

Anyway, this situation had caused a series of emotions to come over me, from confusion, embarrassment, and sadness, to anger and suicidal desires that played over my mind and like a fucking baseball bat. Right now, I've managed to calm down some, but am still jittery and worried, not knowing what will happen, and have mild to moderate suicidal thoughts, and hopelessness. Should I take it?

What sits do I take it in? Ffs, I got no clue when I'm supposed to take this shit, or if I'm using it wrong if I take it.

Edited by exl2398

Anxiety induced situations call for the use of Ativan....If I ran out of my meds boy would I start getting anxious not depressed or the symptoms you describe.....May i ask why you have the Ativan if you don't deal with anxiety or don't know when to use it?

Anxiety induced situations call for the use of Ativan....If I ran out of my meds boy would I start getting anxious not depressed or the symptoms you describe.....May i ask why you have the Ativan if you don't deal with anxiety or don't know when to use it?

I do have anxiety, I'm just afraid to take it. There are addiction issues in my family, and the last thing I want to do is get addicted to something.

Thanks for the advice!, guys. I didn't take it, but next time I feel like that, I might take it.

I do have anxiety, I'm just afraid to take it. There are addiction issues in my family, and the last thing I want to do is get addicted to something.

Thanks for the advice!, guys. I didn't take it, but next time I feel like that, I might take it.

That's totally understandable......Seeing that you have OCD and YES! these benzo's are addictive....I just didn't know how to cope with my OCD and when I first took a klonopin for my OCD anxiety it was over after that......That was the first time a benzo was euphoric cause it just melted the anxiety away.....Now I wished I just pushed thru without a benzo but hey........

When used responsibly and as prescribed, benzos can be an appropriate support for anxiety treatment. Not everyone experiences problems with addiction.

I definitely understand your concerns about addiction. I had similar concerns about switching from lorazepam to klonopin because I had seen that drug get misused a LOT. However, I found that when I was taking the med as prescribed, I got the support I needed to do the therapy work to reduce my anxiety so I didn't need the benzos except as a RARE exception (like 1-3 x per year now, mostly because my dentist prefers it). I used to take up to 6 mg of lorazepam per day, and up to 2 mg of klonopin and didn't ever have problems with misusing it.

Maybe it would be a good idea to talk with your prescriber about your reluctance/hesitance to take them as prescribed so they can address your concerns and give you warning signs to look out for.

Don't get me wrong....I take my klonopin less than prescribe. Since it has such a long half life I can allow one to roll over into the next day if I'm having a good day.....Sometimes I need the two but I never go above that. When I first started taking klonopin or other benzos I had anxiety a lot but i was also chasing that side effect of drowsiness. I have learned to control my body and to take my medication as the doctor has prescribed.