CrazyBoards.org

Is my life in danger?

So I met this girl in a Support Group. She seemed nice and soon told me "You should try meeting other people" but I didnt listen and I kept in contact with her for the next 6 months until we finally split paths.

I found out the reason was the guy HER BOYFRIEND she is living with is extremely abusive and the police are called there nearly every week. He is on a domestic violence order but the abuse escalates.

HE knows where I work and actually came to my workplace being sarcastic. He is Bad News.

If his friends see me walking outside they horn at me once or wave at me. This continues till now...

I stopped contact with her 2 years ago.

Am I at risk?

Edited by giggly_nut

Maybe. But it sounds like she DEFINITELY is. What a terrible situation all around. 

If this guy has been served a DVO and is still abusing her, why has he not been arrested for breaking a court order? Honestly, if I were in your shoes, I would consider contacting the police about this.

If this guy has been served a DVO and is still abusing her, why has he not been arrested for breaking a court order? Honestly, if I were in your shoes, I would consider contacting the police about this.

Umm. SHE has to report he broke the order but he threatened if she does. The police told her only option is to leave him. Obviously she can't.

If I go to the police and HE knew it was me. I would DEFINATELY be at risk. LOL. And trust me HE will find out.

Its not an overnight thing he will be prosecuted.

Edited by giggly_nut

If you aren't in contact and this is news from 2 years ago, what makes you think you are at risk now, has he made a threat in the last six months?

I didn't tell the whole story. My fault.

I didn't know she had a boyfriend at first. I came onto her.

There are rumors that we had a "Thing". I think he is pissed (edits) Coz he found out and told her to stop communicating with me but I kept pursuing a "relationship".

So he wants to know more about me. Right? Otherwise where is the fun. So he tells her to keep communicating with me to know more about me.

Why would he threaten me? Its OVER. He wants revenge. He isnt going to tell me what he is going to do. He will just do it...

This isnt paranoia. Trust me. He doesnt work and has nothing better to do.

He wants to know more about me through other people.

Edited by giggly_nut

Next time you see him, tell him in no uncertain terms that you wish to have no further contact from him about anything. You could also send him a certified mail telling him the same thing if you know his address.

Document the crap out of EVERYTHING that he does or is behind to try to intimidate you. Keep a log of dates, times, locations, and incidents.

If his behavior escalates, take it to the court and request a restraining order. And if he violates that restraining order, call it in. Immediately. Via 911.

He sounds like he is dangerous to this woman, and potentially to you.

I would do what I could to make sure I protected myself and that he knows in no uncertain terms that his harassment will not be allowed to continue.

But I would also not lose sleep over it.

It sounds like he is trying to bully you into being afraid of him for no particular reason other than it gives him a thrill or sense of power.

If it's not an issue you know to be a real one, why waste forum time with it?

This.

So much this.

I spent time formulating a serious answer to what I presumed was a serious inquiry. 

I would prefer to not waste my time.

Yes THANK YOU for taking time in writing your replies. I have read them carefully.

That's it though I am not sure if it is a still a " real issue ".

Notice the " ??????? " at my last post. Im asking you if you still think it is.

The police are already aware of him. He is on a DVO. I was told the abuse got 10x worse after that. He obviously doesn't listen to the police nor the court system.

I have only seen him once and certainly don't want to see him again.

Do you think it is still a "real issue" ?

I cannot say anything beyond what I have already said.

There's no way for any of us to know if it's still a "real issue".

You have to trust your gut feelings and do what you need to do to feel safe and protected, which may include filing your OWN no contact order.

You wrote a post as though it was a current situation, and then AFTER several people had already responded said the information was two years old. It is no longer clear to me WHAT exactly is happening and WHEN it is happening.

It is unclear as to whether this person is ACTIVELY doing things in the present, or if the entire situation is two years old.