CrazyBoards.org

Do you ever feel a euphoria/elation that is magical?

Four or five hours ago I was miserable. Racing thoughts, the feeling of ping pong in my head, jittery, agitated, depressed, and whatnot. And now I'm on cloud nine. Everything has cleared. Sexuality aNd energy are way, way up. I can only describe this place as magical. If they could put it in a pill, they'd prolly put every drug dealer outta business. Do any of you have this feeling?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely, many times. It feels like I'm connected to everything and that I have true clarity for the first time ever. I'm able to make connections between things that I find stunning and wondrous at the time. It's definitely an amazing, intoxicating state. Unfortunately it never lasts, and usually leads me to do/say things that I get deeply embarrassed about later.

Edited by hagar running

the feeling of ping pong in my head,

I have this, like my thoughts are going so fast (like lots of ping pong balls being played with at once, each one representing a thought) that I need someone to "reach in and grab a ping pong ball and grab that thought to talk about.

And now all of my online friends have all gone to the nap. Ditto sex buddy. And I'm all pumped up and I have all this energy I don't know what to do with. But I have this weird phobia about being around other people ATM. It is all very strange. And I'm tingling all over.

Thanks, everyone. It's comforting to know other people experience then same stuff. I dunno why, but it is.

Perhaps it seems like a silly/obvious/dumb question to you, But I have never talked to other people with BP until now, and it is helpful for me to know that other people are experiencing the same things.

Edited by Flash

I've felt this but honestly (and please don't think I'm saying you are like this) it usually leads to me doing something enormously stupid like standing on the the rock at the top of the mountain leaning over sure that I can fly because we're all connected!!!  :|

And I'm with Chimako.  For me, especially as I've gotten older, euphora leads me to do something really dumb and grandiose.  When I was in my teens and 20s it just led me to do, um, things that prolonged euphoria.  Which, I guess, was also dumb, just not as grandiose.  It just made it more normal to sit around and talk about euphoric things.  Ugh.

Sorry, Flash, I don't mean to be an ass.  But your description was textbook "euphoria".  Also?  They *do* put it in a pill.  MDMA.  NOT that I've tried it or anything....

Ecstasy was my drug of choice way back when. It's not the same IMO, but there are similarities.

Hee hee. This made me giggle. Uh, yes? This is the bipolar forum, right? It's called euphoria.

That is so funny. Maybe you could send some of that euphoria my way, so I could giggle, too. This is, after all, the bipolar forum, where we all experience things in a uniform way under an exact set of circumstances. And of course, recognize our symptoms immediately. Because no one has ever experienced lack of insight with Bipolar illness. Right?