CrazyBoards.org

Hi. Not Looney Bin Certified Yet...

Name is Dustin Scarsdale, from Las Vegas, Nevada.

Diagnosed with Severe Depression, and, suddenly as of 2013, Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia/Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Now I can no longer enjoy life or the things I used to do because it feels like a demon likes to visit every day and make me feel like I'm going to die...

I can't say I haven't tried to get admitted to the looney bin for this sudden madness, but they simply just won't have me. Anyway I refuse to hurt myself or someone else just as an excuse to get locked up, so there goes that treatment option...I'm on outpatient status, as of now. 

When you hear about the Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - it's ALL TRUE. ESPECIALLY the fear, which just creeps up on you until you don't even know who you are anymore.,.

Anyhow, thought I'd say HI...Not a happy guy but SSRIs are supposed to promise otherwise. I doubt it, though, as I've seen too much in my 40 years on this planet. 

Oh I also used to be a "cutter" if that's what it's called...I say "used to be" because I promised someone I'd never do it again. You know how that goes, I think...Funny thing about these kinds promises is you promise never to do a thing ever again, and next thing you know ALAKAZAM you find yourself substituting in a different form...

Hurting yourself is still hurting yourself...Talk about sour persimmons...

Anyway, good tidings...And I can't believe I'm now clinically mentally ill. 

Edited by dustin scarsdale

Hi, Dustin and welcome to Crazyboards.

If you haven't read the rules, please do so when you get a chance.  It will give you an idea of how we operate.

I hope the SSRI works for you.   Are you also getting therapy?  If you had a therapist, I would assume that he or she could get you admitted to the hospital if that seemed to be the right thing to do.

Don't be afraid to ask questions.  It is startling indeed to be diagnosed with mental illness(es).

If that is your real name, you might want to start a new account with a more anonymous name, or have one of the admins change it for you.  If being anonymous isn't important to you, then it's no problem.  (The admins are Wooster, VelvetElvis, sylvan and......I can't remember.  It sucks to get old.)

I'm glad you came here.

olga

Well, mental illness creeps up on the best of us sometimes.  

If you can avoid the looney bin, well, maybe that's not a bad thing.  I hope you are able to find the help you need outpatient.  I hope the ssri's work, but if they don't, you have other options.  

For us poor folks who can barely afford insurance (I can't imagine how it is with OBAMACARE for others right now) , mine at least has a workaround for mental health treatment - but it's costly. In any case, it's SSRIs and Benzos for the time being plus high blood pressure meds...Check with a therapist every month on progress...Just to make sure my heart is not about to explode. 

Oh and, by the way, this name isn't my real name...So no biggie. :D  

I'll go check out the terms since I'm on here.

Thanks for the replies.