CrazyBoards.org

My pdoc told me I need to take my Latuda with food- at least 300 calories. I take the Latuda at night because it causes some sleepiness. I usually have dinner around 5pm, so that is too early to take the Latuda and my pdoc said a little snack would do at night with it. But I have a hard time eating at night... I just don't have an appetite. 

Would it be okay to take the Latuda with Ensure? Or does it have to be regular old food? Or is this something I should be asking a pharmacist? *sigh*

my pdoc told me it has to be food, at least 350 calories, and there should be protien involved.  i have the same problem that i'm not that hungry later at night, and it's hard to come up with things.  i asked if i could just eat cookies (i always want cookies) but she says nope, gotta have protein.  lately i've been eating toast with peanut butter.  i was misbehaving and only eating a little bit with the latuda, and i found it started to make me feel sick in the morning.  so no getting around it, sigh.

Eat some almonds or peanuts if u need protein with latuda....i also notice when i take latuda i need a mixture of carbohydrate and protein.....So i like (2) peanut bars (has simple carbohydrate and proteins) with my meds at night. I'll eat the first one whole.. and then before i eat the second one.. i take my pill. I notice it take a hour before the latuda's sleepiness takes effect. So take it at 8pm.....in a hour or 2 you should be ready to go to bed. Make sure u brush your teeth cuz this is sugar  :P

planters_peanut_bar.jpg

Edited by CherryBlossom

I take mine with dinner, but I usually eat around 7pm. by 9 I'm sleepy. When I first started taking it, I had to take it right before I went to bed, because it made me immediately sleepy. I buy protein shakes and took it with them. They had carbs, protein and 300 calories, I'd have a small glass of milk to up the calorie intake. But the Latuda site says that if you don't take it with at least 350 calories, it's basically ineffective as in might as well not take it at all.