CrazyBoards.org

should i tell my friends

That's a tough one, as for me at least, some of my friends handle my crazy self well and others, well, not so well. I have been bitten a few times by friends when I've told them of my MI issues, so I'm selective about who I tell anymore...that's just been my experience, your mileage will vary :P

That's a tough one, as for me at least, some of my friends handle my crazy self well and others, well, not so well. I have been bitten a few times by friends when I've told them of my MI issues, so I'm selective about who I tell anymore...that's just been my experience, your mileage will vary :P

i told 1 person so far, about that i SI'ed, and have aniety,conversations were akward for a few days, but i am tempted to tell atleast another person, who is also a nutjob himself.

Better than only telling friends, how about working up to telling someone who can help you access support to start feeling better?

I would be cautious in who I talk to. Rumors are a pain to manage. And some people are really just mean and will use anything to hurt you emotionally to make themselves feel better.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know your age group but I would be hesitant to say anything but to your closest friends. In my experience children can be cruel to begin with and open mental ilness can make you a target. Talk to your parents or a guidance counciler, someone who has a responsibility to be trusted. If you feel like you can't there is always the Kids Help Phone.

I know what its like first hand, avoiding school in the long term does you no good. Sure it works at countering anxiety in the very short term but I assure you it will make it worse the more you do it. It is not easy but you need to face this head on, school can be a tough time for everyone. You need to work on your coping skills because your current methods are being overloaded or like avoidance negative to your quality of life. I find journaling very helpful but everyone is different. CBT might help, there is a new videogame called SPARX that can teach you those skills.

Stay strong, reaching out for help is the right thing, it does not make you weak.