CrazyBoards.org

I really am struggling with wanting to get drunk AGAIN tonight. I have been drunk several times this week. I don't know what has changed that I feel like I need to be drunk 24/7 every day. It can't be my med changes because they just lowered. I guess I just don't want to feel like how I've been feeling. I need some good sleep too. I'm exhausted. I just don't care about my life anymore. I have nothing to live for. And at this point I'm slowly killing myself with binge drinking.

What am I supposed to do?

I don't know what you're struggling with personally, but a few thoughts:

-I have family with alcohol issues.  When they are unstable, it is worse.  Is lowering meds making you less stable?  Worth considering, anyways. 

-Is there anything you can use as a distraction?  Or a healthy replacement?  Any chance of going for a walk, or working on a knitting project, instead?

I find that alcohol makes my sleep worse. The sugars wake me up and then I can't sleep.

Plus being nauseated from the alcohol itself. It can also increase anxiety. 

All of this can create a feedback loop where you drink to cope with the effect of the alcohol from a previous day.

I think that you should tell your pdoc what's going on.

I know I need to be honest with my pdoc but I don't want him thinking alcohol is my only problem. That has happened in the past and I do not want to be stuck without meds.

He is already taking me off of three meds. Which I agree with, but things sure aren't looking up at this point.

Well I binged on food tonight so no way am I drinking. I feel horrid. I haven't showered or brushed my teeth and I've been lying in bed all day except to get up to binge eat. I wish I had an on off switch.

I really am struggling with wanting to get drunk AGAIN tonight. I have been drunk several times this week. I don't know what has changed that I feel like I need to be drunk 24/7 every day. It can't be my med changes because they just lowered. I guess I just don't want to feel like how I've been feeling. I need some good sleep too. I'm exhausted. I just don't care about my life anymore. I have nothing to live for. And at this point I'm slowly killing myself with binge drinking.

What am I supposed to do? hope it passes for you soon. hang in there.

Edited by The 3 Me's

I know I need to be honest with my pdoc but I don't want him thinking alcohol is my only problem. That has happened in the past and I do not want to be stuck without meds.

He is already taking me off of three meds. Which I agree with, but things sure aren't looking up at this point.

Well I binged on food tonight so no way am I drinking. I feel horrid. I haven't showered or brushed my teeth and I've been lying in bed all day except to get up to binge eat. I wish I had an on off switch.

Edited by The 3 Me's

What am I supposed to do?

tough times dont last tough people do and we are still here. wish you well.

Edited by The 3 Me's

Damn cheese...You get drunk several times a week? I can't even drink ONCE...

I would say from where I sit you are very fortunate (I actually WANT to drink but cant, as opposed to what you are going through) - but clearly you are having a grievous problem with it. I've never binged past a 6 pack of light beer every day before I had to force myself to stop... 

Anyway, and I'm sure you already know this - if you do decide to quit, consult with a doctor first so they can gauge your level of addiction and provide the appropriate treatment options...Alcohol withdrawal is very bad news - especially if you are that mired by it. 

Take me for example: I havent drank in 6 months and I still thirst for it.

Good luck 

Who the hell do you think you are? You don't get to judge me Dustin.

Yes I usually get drunk once a Week. Last week happened to be like 3 times that week. Because I was feeling especially craptastic.

And I have a "grievous problem with it" yet I'm "fortunate"? You make no sense.

And I do not have fucking withdrawals. I'm not an alcoholic!

And a 6 pack of beer is more than I drink at a time.

this is supposed to be a supportive community and I do not care for the tone you are setting.

Damn cheese...You get drunk several times a week? I can't even drink ONCE...

I would say from where I sit you are very fortunate (I actually WANT to drink but cant, as opposed to what you are going through) - but clearly you are having a grievous problem with it. I've never binged past a 6 pack of light beer every day before I had to force myself to stop... 

Anyway, and I'm sure you already know this - if you do decide to quit, consult with a doctor first so they can gauge your level of addiction and provide the appropriate treatment options...Alcohol withdrawal is very bad news - especially if you are that mired by it. 

Take me for example: I havent drank in 6 months and I still thirst for it.

Good luck 

Not helpful AT ALL.

Cheese, great reply.

Knitting can help. Definitely. Hopefully this passes. Try not to drink, if you do, stick to low % stuff. Make a fancy pina colada, put time into a drink an enjoy it, IF you're going to drink. I don't think you have a problem, per se, but please, you don't want to get on that wagon. It'll make your meds less effective.

Hell, a virgin pina colada tastes even better. 

You know drinking just pushes the problems away for a few hours and they come back, and you'll feel like crap from the hangover.

And good on you for posting here instead.

Cheese I was thinking about this (and agree, great reply).  I drink pretty regularly, and I tend to...I like drinking things other than water.  I like to drink alcohol.  But I am trying to drink a little less because I feel like every day, even if I'm not getting drunk, is maybe getting into unhealthy territory - but I don't know.  And I'm trying to lose weight, and alcohol is empty calories. 

Who the hell do you think you are? You don't get to judge me Dustin.

Yes I usually get drunk once a Week. Last week happened to be like 3 times that week. Because I was feeling especially craptastic.

And I have a "grievous problem with it" yet I'm "fortunate"? You make no sense.

And I do not have fucking withdrawals. I'm not an alcoholic!

And a 6 pack of beer is more than I drink at a time.

this is supposed to be a supportive community and I do not care for the tone you are setting.

im not an alcoholic either cheese but sometimes the drink can take the edge off and sometimes we dont know when to stop but its usually for the way we are feeling at the time. i think your just fine. we get there in our own time.

I AM an alcoholic, and an absolutely dreadful one at that. I can't even really relate to amount of alcohol being discussed here, because it occupies a different solar system compared to the one I inhabit. I don't think You need to worry about anything, cheese. You had a crappy week and drank more than usual. BFD. It happens. Doesn't mean you're an alcoholic or have a problem. When you start drinking first thing in the morning to last thing At night and HAVE to drink ... Well, then you definitely have a problem. You are very far from that. The only thing I can really say is be mindful. If you are a person with the potential for severe alcoholism, it can creep up on you rather fast given the right set of circumstances.