CrazyBoards.org

Anyone have any depersonalization with psychosis?

Thee are times in my psychosis, that I end up depersonalizing.  This is a very dangerous place for me, I am at the mercy of the voices.  I pretty much do what they want, except for hurting my cat, and killing my parents.  But the line is very thin.  It scares me.   I'm pretty much a psychopath when I get that way.  I worry that one day I will just say fuck it and do something that I wouldn't previously do.  I worry for that.

Can anyone tell me if this has happened to you?

Edited by whatsizbucket

I've had similar worries when I've gotten really obsessively anxious about whether I'm a good or bad person.  I don't really know what depersonalizing means though.  I hear you with these particular fears of killing your parents or harming your cat.  I've freaked out and felt scared that I would do something like that.  Yes it is very awful.  Have you tried any calming exercises? 

Edited by ravenseldoncat

Deep breathing.  Thinking of things you are grateful for repeatedly.  Concentrating on the breath.  Trying to reinforce the concept of love, mentally.  

It can seem very awkward and strange at first, and maybe it won't seem to do anything, but its worth a shot.  I'm not the best at practicing these.  I once was having this anxiety and asked a general practitioner for some advice at an appointment and he just printed out all these insight meditation ideas, boiled down on this sheet of paper.  It at least made me feel like I had something to work on for a while.

Edited by ravenseldoncat